About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Monday, June 14, 2010

Sweet Little Moments


I realize my blogger friends that my blog has been a bit serious lately due to my present trial, and I recognized just how true that was because yesterday, to remind myself of what life used to be like without sickness being apart of it, I went back through my old blog posts from when I first began, and found so many of sweet little moment documentations of things my children did. And truly, it isn't that they have stopped having sweet moments, it's just that I've been too sick to notice them. And that makes me so sad.

SO I vowed last night, no matter how sick I felt in the morning, I would try and notice the very sweet things my children did throughout the day, and it didn't take more than a few moments to pass after they both awoke for me to notice just that.

My sweet sleepy boy, emerges from his bedroom, blanket in tow and sleep written all over his sweet little face. He says to me..." Mommy, I'm sick." I reply with a hug, "Oh honey, why don't you go lay down and I'll get you some chocolate milk?" He nods. Lays down, and when the chocolate milk arrives, solemnly takes it and begins to drink. I sit down and to finish my Bible study, (Annie is watching Elmo Potty Time, her morning tradition) and I wait for the sick boy to speak. Finally he gets up, walks over to me and announces this: "Mommy, I am still a little sick, but I will have my baby soon, and then I will be all better. But I'm OK."

Laughter mixed with a little sadness that this sickness is now his pretend game, I reply, "You are having a baby?" He nods. He says, "It's a brother. It's Jesus's baby." My eyebrows raise slightly as I say..."Oh, Jesus's baby?" With a very serious look on his face he ends the conversation with this, "Mommy, I will feel all better if I can have some toast with honey on it." And then, goes and lays back down with the chocolate milk, and blanket in tow.

I shake my head, laugh and get up to prepare the healing toast...thinking to myself, "maybe I ought to try this toast with honey, chocolate milk and relaxation route. " You never know, it might help!

Needless to say, it's nice to know that I can still find sweet moments regardless of how I feel. God is good. All the time.

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate milk and toast with honey? Seriously, who could resist that adorable face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber....I think that is the cutest thing I have ever heard. I am searching my mind for something cuter...and no....that is it. Awww....

    ReplyDelete