About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Monday, June 21, 2010

I know best?

There is something that has lingered in my thought for many days and I have finally figured out how to put it into words this morning. Most of our life's problems or bad decisions are a direct result of the fact that we think we know what's best for us, and sometimes, for others.
I consider most of the choices I make in my life, and have made in the past, are because I thought the choice I made would best suit me for that time. It's why you see one child take the bigger half of the cookie before the younger sibling has a chance to act. Or, why in divorce their is so much dispute over the "stuff." It's our sinful nature at it's best and I feel it has a lot of room for improvement in my own heart and life.
I hear it in my words as I say things in regards to what I do, vs. what others do, and hear it in my voice that I think I do things do better. Are we not all a little like this? Thinking that our way is best? It's what causes arguments in families, between spouses and siblings and most of all between our hearts and God's.
And I want to take notice that so I can begin to ask for the Holy Spirit's direction when these situations occur, so that God's wins, not the flesh. For I may feel like I am disputing with another person, but whom I'm really disputing with is God, and that is a sin.
I'm not trying to be overly hard on myself, because I know it's common among us with flesh to live out that flesh but I don't think it's OK to settle for that then. Just because I have a hard time being "nice to people" doesn't mean that I should always be rude because, "I can't help it!"
But you see it all the time where people (myself included) make excuses for ourselves and our negative behaviors because "it's who we are."
Well, I am here to tell you friends, even if "it's who you've been" all your life, it can change. God can change it. And He will when you begin to take notice, call your sin what it is and ask Him to help you change, and watch my friends as He takes something seemingly unchangeable and turns it inside out.
That's what God did for me in my past way of life, and I know He can do that with any little (or big) area that He lays on my heart to give up to Him.
We are in a constant place of being refined and I think He wants us here. (not that I know best though. :) )
So the next time you or I go to do the thing that we just can't help, let us consider, perhaps it can be helped..and you know the ultimate source of help.
"All man's ways seem right time him, but the Lord weighs the heart." Proverbs 21:2

Some of you may feel, "isn't it exhausting to always look at life and say what else needs to change?" And at first I think it does, but then I think we realize that we are at more peace with ourselves, God and others when the change takes place, we begin to welcome the change whenever God presents the idea to us. He does the real work.
SO do not shy away from something that needs changing or shaping, it's God's hand in your life, making you look more like you should, more like I should, like Him.
"He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor." Prov. 21:21

1 comment: