About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, December 7, 2012

Remind Me...


Has anyone ever said to the one they love, "remind me that you love me?" Whether we were loved or not, the reality is, is that if we ask that question, we need to hear it, out loud, again. We are human, and we do need reminders. Reminders can come in many different forms, it can be flowers, a card, a kind word, a rainbow, and smile, an extended hand...
Reminders are good for us because they help refresh us, and renew our ability to carry on when the going gets tough.
Mostly I'm reminding my children to clean up, pick up, obey, listen, be polite, stay clean, make their bed and so on...but what about reminding them that they are cherished, held, loved and a gift to me, what about reminding them that at all times I am praying that I do what is best for them, what about reminding them that their is HOPE for them in their future.
These are the kind of reminders I ask for from my Heavenly Father.
I don't feel so bad asking Him for reminders because many people of great faith in the Bible did so as well, it's written all over the Psalms, David crying out for God to meet him "there"...or Abraham looking up at the stars each night...thinking, "is that really how many children I will have Lord?" And each time it's as if the Lord says, "Trust me."
He tells us He has plans for us, He tells us He is working all things for the good of those who love Him. We know that He is good. Holy. Perfect. And so are all His ways. THIS is a good reminder isn't it? I like to know the one I place all my hopes, fears and concerns on is trustworthy. And each time I ask Him, He reminds me of His faithfulness. The reality that HE has been faithful through all generations, gives me utmost hope, and peace for the times where the ground feels shaky, and uncertain. He meets me there to. And helps me not to stumble. He is always reminding me, that His ways are best, and I can rest in that.
Then there are those days where you wake up and the ground you stand on seems to be literally sinking beneath you. And if we are all honest with ourselves, I think we all have these days from time to time. But we serve a God who meets us there in that place as well. He gets down on His knees, meets us there in the dust and gently lifts our faces so our eyes lock with His. And then He tells me, to trust in the Lord with all my heart, to lean not on my OWN understanding, but to trust in Him, and FIX my eyes on Jesus, who is the author and perfecter of my life. HE is the Alpha and Omega, my beginning, and my end. AND He is the one who literally makes a way where there is no way. That even though we indeed feel the death sentence in our soul, we are reminded that He is the one who raises the dead. And even though our eyes fail, He causes the blind to see. And even though our strength fails, HE is the one who causes us to run and not grow weary. He is the link in the fence that makes this all make sense, and until those links connect by the Grace of Jesus, nothing, (even our good days) will not fully make sense.
So if you find yourself down in the mud, face dirty and wet, and sorrow in your heart...realize this, the one who washes us clean, picks us up and makes us whole (even when we are broken physically) is waiting, and not only waiting, He is always available. He will never leave you, nor forsake you, and He is by far the most patient One you will ever KNOW.
"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest..."
Only through Him can I be victorious. Only through Him can I believe. Only through Him does my faith rest on a solid place. Is your faith resting on the Solid Rock?
"On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground in sinking sand..."
And after all this what am I left with? A perfect life? Maybe some days feels this way, but NO, I am left with peace. A peace that surpasses ALL human understanding. A peace that is NOT based on my circumstances, but rather a peace that is based on the all sufficiency and the consistency of Christ. There is no Stronger place to rest.
This is what He reminded me of today, so I thought maybe you friend would appreciate that reminder today as well. Lord bless you, and Keep you. He is the best place to land.

No comments:

Post a Comment