About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Why Santa Never Comes To My House


Santa is harmless right? I mean, that's what you hear from everyone everywhere. He is harmless. Or this one, "Who doesn't like a jolly guy in a red suit?" And on the surface, yes, I like Santa. I loved him as a child, and I dreamed of his shiny red sleigh landing on my roof, and I strain to hear little twinkle bells jingle as I would lay awake in bed with eager expectation for Christmas morning.
But here is my issue with Santa as I am now a parent myself, and not only a parent, a parent who has been entrusted with children by God. God entrusted me with children who have wide eyes, and unwavering faith. And then I will take those sweet little faces in my hands and lie to them. I will tell that Santa is real. That A mere man can fly around the earth in one night and deliver toys to people everywhere. I will go on to lie to them that Santa knows when their being good, so if they are not good, they won't get as much. I will also lie into their sweet little faces about the fact that Christmas is Santa's big day!
Yes, all these lies I will tell. Really?!
Never. I will never lie to my children like this. Because here is the truth about those little "innocent" lies. The real truth is this, how will my children ever believe me when I tell them a young virgin girl, had a baby and the baby grew up to be a man who died on the cross. This baby who came to die, knows when we've have been noddy or nice, and He forgives us every time we ask for forgiveness when were noddy. He also gives us grace and mercy. Grace giving us what we don't deserve, and mercy keeps us from getting what we do deserve. This little boy who grew up to die for my sin, cares not about bad I was before I came to know Him, but He does desire me to live a life that is honoring to Him, not so I can get lots of nice things one day a year, but so that I can share in the joy of the life lived walking with God every day of the year.
THAT is the message I will share with my children. I will take their sweet little faces in my hands and I will tell them truth. Life giving truth that will save their souls for all eternity.
I always thought it takes more faith to believe in Santa then it does in Jesus.
Am I being to extreme here? It is a not very commonly shared view that I hold and propose here is it? But I have for some time thought that the idea of this jolly red man stealing the glory from the One and ONLY who came to save the world... has had the glory for long enough. Santa has stolen in such an innocent way mind you, the meaning of Christmas. Perhaps you think Santa harmlessly exemplifies what Christmas is all about, you know, good spirits, joy, giving, and the festive attitude that makes winter more bearable. How about this, the baby born to die, makes LIFE more endurable. He makes life worth living, and fills us with joy ALL year long. He makes me have good spirits even my world is falling apart because I know He is in control, cares not about the sins I passed confessed and committed. He is the reason for life...not to mention the reason for the season.
He is with me, in and out of season.
SO yes my friends, on the surface, Santa is nice. But I do not want my children to hear me tell them sweet fun lies about Santa, and in the same breath tell them the truth of Christ. How will they know if I am being honest about Jesus, if I lie to them all their young life about Santa? Can fresh water and salt water run from the same spring.... Can truth and lie come from the same lips? A house divided against itself cannot stand. So instead my house will stand on ONE foundation, One truth...One hope....One Joy....One Peace. One REASON for this season, and all seasons. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever. Merry Christmas friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment