About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, March 7, 2014

I've Got An Edge




Having an edge on something is the idea that you have a "leg up" on whatever situation your in...(my definition) Meaning: It puts you ahead somehow. It's your little secret with yourself.
An "the edge" can come in many shapes and forms. Depending on your own personal feelings, desires and weaknesses...the edge will look different.
For the gal who struggles with confidence, a little liquid courage before a party or social gathering may be her edge. For the one who struggles with sleep, a sleeping pill will both take the edge off, and give that person the edge they need to get through the night.
For the woman who wrestles with feeling good about herself, knowing that her husband makes a lot of money, will give her an edge. Truly, there are so many "edges" we stand on. Usually, our edges are not something we share with others, because we would hate to "lose our edge." The basic concept here is that we are depending on, or leaning on something to give us a boost.
I would say, coffee can be a harmless edge for millions of young mom's out there. :)
As long as we have our little edge to stand on, we're ok. Right? You know what I despise about my edges? I always fear I will lose them. Edges are not indispensable. Edges are not permanent. Edges are not eternal.
Lately, I've been on a path of releasing all my edges. All the things that are my vices, or the things that give me a leg up in my day or my life. Not because I am trying to be perfect, but more so because I am recognizing my bend towards being other-things dependent.
I have a friend who gave up clothes shopping for a year. I know this shouldn't be that difficult, but that idea made me think, "could I do that?"
I feel like as I have prayerfully and in a Spirit led way approached my edges, I have come to grips with the fact that I need only one edge. Want to know what it is?
The only edge I really need, is Jesus.
I will tell you what I REALLY mean by this.
But first I will tell you what I don't mean. :)
I don't mean, all medicine is bad.
I don't mean that all drinking is wrong.
I don't mean that having a little beauty secret is wrong
I don't mean that having someone help you is wrong.
I don't mean shopping is wrong.
I don't mean that you reader should drop all outside things for the sake of the edge.
Now, what I do mean is this:
My total dependence on being "ok" should not depend on anyone or anything but Jesus.
I used to have many little things that I relied on more than I relied on Christ. My Friday night wine. My ability to run. My ability to get pregnant easy....and so on and so forth.
I recognize that God, is GOD over everything. And the second I think that I have an edge over all powerful God, I am in great danger of missing out on not only seeing His glory, but also on seeing Him work in my life in a mighty way.
When I go into a social gathering relying on Christ's ability to give me confidence and words, I find great peace.
When I hit the mall knowing my happiness is not dependant on being able to get the latest and greatest.
I even found out through trial and error that I can in fact face the day without coffee and be just fine.
What am I? Some sort of  crazy person ??? :) No, I merely am making the point that Jesus has the ability to do anything in the life of a person who fully abandons themselves to His all powerful ability.
God in His grace and mercy as shown me that I am alright without all the stuff I thought I needed to be OK. I lost my edge, and in return I received a confidence, hope and joy that will not fail. That will not fade and will not run out.
For anyone who has ever relied on drugs or alcohol too heavily you will know and relate to the panic feeling that sets in when the bottom of the bottle or jar becomes more visible.
Let me assure you, Jesus will never run dry.
To the person who is filled with fear at the idea of not being able to purchase any more items for their home or closet...let me assure you, Jesus always satisfies. Always.
To the woman who's arms long to be filled with children to love...I assure you, motherhood is not even a stable edge. Jesus fills beyond words. Children grow up..leave home and even leave the country. If your dependence or edge is placed upon even your children, that too will fade. And then we are left wondering what we will do.
For the athlete who finds all her or his joy and worth in their ability to excell in athleticism. What happens when your foot or leg is injured? Will you lose all hope and not be able to carry on? It's healthy to examine these thoughts because it will reveal where our hope really lies! Is it in another person, pesonal ability or a substances? ALL these things will fade. I really admire my friend who realized that her joy does not come from being able to buy all the latest fashions. My hope is found in Jesus Christ. He is my edge. He is what holds me together when everything else is falling apart.
And HE can be yours too! He is the edge that all people can have, and share.
I will also add, Jesus is the only edge who does not feed on self. Because we did nothing to deserve Jesus, and we can not earn Him. We can't spend more to get Him, and we cannot work harder to get Him. He is the only edge we recieve by no works or power of our own. Which is why He is the only edge that is perfect.
Hopefully these words have encouraged you.

No comments:

Post a Comment