About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Great Unknown




Many I times I feel as if The Lord is asking me, "Will you go there, do that, say this, even if you don't know the outcome or the reason why?"
Will I trust Him when I can't see beyond my nose? Will I walk forward when He tells me to come, just because I hear my Fathers voice, and I trust that more than I trust the security of the known? The answer lies in one simple answer. It's either "yes" or "no".
Think about a child. Consider how they are, they come when you call because they hear their mother or Fathers familiar voice. They associate trust with that voice and whether or not they know why, they come a'runnin. I know my children are that way. Listen to what Jesus says in Matthew 18:3
"And He said: Truly I tell you, unless you CHANGE and become like little children, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven."

It's doesn't mean we need to forget our manners, start wearing diapers again and picking our noses! He is relating to the way children are faith-filled by nature. Trusting without wavering. This is the quality we are to possess in increasing amounts. Jesus wants my heart to follow after His voice whether I "get it" or not. Whether it makes sense in my mind, or not. HE wants me to follow.  This is not easy to do as adults. We have our roots down deep quite often, and it's very uncomfortable to change. but we must  if He says so. If out of the dark night and stormy seas, you hear is voice call out to you to come, you must. I must.  There is such a vulnerability that comes with living the Christian life. God constantly asks us to be open before Him. Be able and ready to bare all if asked. To surrender all we are to His mighty hand and rest in the shadow of His wings.

The reason we can be at peace in the great unknown is because of the pure and simple fact that we know He is trustworthy. Not only is He trustworthy, He is sure, constant and as study as the rising sun.
(which He created by the way)
And in all honesty, wouldn't we rather rest in the trustworthy unknown than the safe ground that we have no business being on?
God may not always feel as comfortable as our well worn sweatshirt, but HE is the best (the better) choice to find comfort in, even if His comfort finds us the great unknown place of life.
I trust Him enough to be in the place the I do not recognize because I know without a shadow of a doubt that He is with me. And He is better than anything familiar I will ever hold. It's scary to admit this, but at the same time, it's not. It's scary because my flesh likes what is well known. We are by nature habit forming and our lives can become one big habit, if we are left to our demises. But God is not willing to let me live each day in my comfortable pattern. He sometimes asks us to change because change is essential if we are going to grow.
The tiny seed in the ground does not become the beautiful flower until she is placed in a dark, cold, place. The poor little seed must feel so alone down there a foot beneath the surface. She might cry saying, "Lord, I can't even see the sun from down here." But it's as if The Lord says, "Just wait sweet little seedling. You will see the sun in all it's glory. Just wait for the right time." SO the seed sits. She suddenly begins to feel her familiar shell crack. The shell she had since she was created! She gasped at the horror of it all. Her shell, her nice safe shell, was cracking and revealing a very tender, vulnerable little stem that began to push through the dirt. As the days and weeks passed, the little seed didn't even know what "normal" felt like anymore. SO much of her had changed, she couldn't even tell, was she up? Was she down? She didn't know, so once more she cried out to the One who sees..."Lord she cried! Where are you? I don't even recognize myself anymore!" "I see you!"  He replies..."you are where you need to be. Trust me. I'm watching over you." SO she stayed in the ground. Till at last the little seed felt a new sensation, one glorious day, she felt her little face break through the surface of the deep, dark ground. " The Sun! The SUN SHE CRIED! " She was overwhelmed, she hadn't felt warmth for so long. She gazed up at it's beauty. "Lord!" She cried with joy..."I can see the sun..." The Lord smiled. "Now do you see little seed? " The little seed who had now become a little flower replied, "Yes Lord, I see. " "Trust me He said...and grow.." So she grew. She grew up to the sky as high as could. Each day the sun would warm her leaves, and in the evening the rain would water her roots so she was able to grow more the next day. All the while she remembered her dark days that she spent back when she was just a little seed. She couldn't believe what God had done, and how He made her grow.
If she had stayed a little seed, none of this would have ever happened....

I want to be, where He wants me. Because I know with all my heart and soul...God knows best. Who knows where that will be in 10 years. Who knows where that will be tomorrow. But regardless, I know, He knows. And that my friends, is all I need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment