About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, March 21, 2014

Things That Change



If a person sat down and made a list of all the things that change in life, the list would be quite extensive. Really because people change. You've heard it a thousand times I'm sure, when a person says, "O we used to be close, but we've both changed so much..." People change, so relationships change.
Not to "diss" change however, because change can be quite good. Changing to healthier lifestyles...changing to better jobs, changing our outlook to be one of joy rather than glass half empty. There are so many changes throughout each day...
As I look back on my life, the changes or metamorphoses my life has gone through I really can only thank The Lord for. "It does not depend on mans desire or effort but on God's mercy." Romans 9:16
 I thank Him for two reasons. I thank Him because He is not OK with letting me sit in my ruts of sin and yuck that come out in my daily living. He wants to mold me, change me and make me to look  more like Him. SO for this change I am thankful. The other reason I am thankful is that HE NEVER CHANGES. It says so in God's word.

"Jesus Christ is the same Yesterday, today and forever." Hebrews 13:8

I will tell you why it is so important to me that Jesus never changes. My world around me changes second by second. It swirls, it clashes and it feels confusing sometimes. Can you see how comforting it is too look to One who NEVER changes. Who is as constant as the North Star? Who never is affected my moods, and seasons? One who is always the same, no matter what I do or say? He always forgives me when I seek His forgiveness. He always gives me grace to make it through each day. He always rescues me. He always fills me with Joy and encouragement when I ask. He never fails.
I have nothing or anyone else like Him in my life.
He is a firm foundation.
An anchor.

I love the visual of the anchor. So strong, so true. And it holds my rocking ship study in the storm. It's always present on deck, even when the waves are calm. He is my anchor who never changes.

Even the best of friends, or most dutiful of spouses can fail or change depending on their moods. But Jesus Christ never changes. He doesn't get crabby with me. He never get's annoyed. He never say's that "He's had it with me." I just marvel at the fact that this Savior is my Savior and I have His gift of long enduring with me all the days of my life.
Friends, do you know this unchanging One that I speak of? Is His name on your lips? For truly, my life would be in shambles if His name were not on my lips moment to moment.
I praise Him, I thank Him. I cry out to Him, I worship Him, and He is constant. Never moving. Always there.
You can change states, homes, clothes, jobs, cars and lives really...but Jesus will not change. He will however, change you. And hopefully we will come to look more and more like the constant One. SO if your world is swirling. If your everything seems to be upside-down and your life a short step away from "I don't even know anymore..." Then look to the unchanging One. He will be your beacon of hope in the dark night. Your lighthouse beckoning you though the storm. He will be the anchor for your stormy sea. He will just simply BE, when all else fails to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment