About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Always Hearing But Never Understanding


"I got it, I got it..." the voice trails off as the child walks out the door, car keys in hand. "Trust me, I heard you..." This comes on the wings of a conversation about the importance of wearing a seat belt, and you the parent has just made it very clear in "sermon on the mount" type way that this seat belt issue is of utmost of importance..

You, stand and watch as your child backs out of the driveway and in horror you see him/her drive away with out buckling their seat belt.

I have to think that this is a little bit the way that Jesus felt about those He tried to share His good news with. News that would have saved their lives. And, some being polite, others just curious, listened, but went on their way as soon as the sermon ceased.

Jesus once had a similar conversation with a man named Nicodemus. Nicodemus was an influential man, and if others saw him speaking to Jesus or even worse, following Jesus, his social identity would be ruined. (sound familiar?) So Nic creeps off in the night and finds Jesus, so that no-one will see him..and they have this conversation..

Nic says to Jesus, " Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God, For no-one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with Him."

(hearing it, but totally missing the truth..)

In reply, Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless He is born again." John 3: 2,3

I find it so interesting that Jesus did not start out by making small talk that would pertain to Nic, He just gets right to the heart of the issue, knowing the Nic has already heard the whole story, He cuts to the core and states the main point right up front.

Of course, Nic having a mind much like mine, is confused! He replies the Lord, "How can man be born when he is old? Surly he cannot enter a second time into his mothers womb and be born?"vs. 4

Jesus goes onto to explain all these things in further depth, (vs.'s 5-8) and then after clearly speaking the Biblical truth that those with open hearts can accept, Nic follows up with one more stupefied question.."How can this be?"vs 9


Friends, I am trying to make a valid point here: this is where a lot of us are at today...in the world, we know the words, we hear the words..but they never sink in. And this issue is of course close to my heart because this is where I myself lived for many years. For when you know the truth, hear the truth and understand the truth...there will be change.

So much of who I was before Christ changed me was wrapped up in Nic's story...I was afraid of what others might think..I was afraid of my reputation..I was afraid of what sorrow would enter my life if I sold out to Christ..

So I came to Jesus in the dark, asked Him questions that proved that I did not understand, and in daylight, lived as if I did. What a lie. And in doing so, I missed out big time. I missed out on experiencing this Savior in all of His beauty, gifts and glory and played it safe. I'm not living like that anymore. I recognized finally my life of sin and as He removed the blinders from my eyes, I saw things like I never had before. This year, I have been on a journey that has caused me to fall so deeply in love my Savior. This story that I had heard all my life now has left me weeping and praising His name in ways that I never even thought possible, much less for me!

I have fallen in love with the person of Jesus, who He was, what He stood for, and the price He paid for you and for me, on the cross.

It's hard for me now to have a conversation without saying His name...I feel His name is always on my lips, because I owe Him everything. Everything.

"As water reflects a face, so a mans heart reflects the man.." Prov 27:19


That verse was true for Nicodemus and it's true for you and I as well, when we creep in the dark to talk to a Savior we supposedly follow with all our "hearts" it proves that the man does not live what He claims. We are always hearing, but never understanding. Let that not be true of you and I anymore. How can we make the shift?

"So I say to you, ask and it will be given to you, seek, and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened to you." Luke 11:9

That is how. We seek! And we Knock at the door, He will answer and you will see as you never seen before, and you will hear and understand as you never have before. It's His light that brings us our purpose for existence. Have you ever felt like your life held no purpose? Perhaps you should consider what you are chasing after, and what gives you life in this life...if the answer is not Jesus, that may be why...

I say this friends from personal experience and it comes from a very honest place of not wanting to see one of His children, lost.

Because there will be a day, when it is too late. And that is a very sobering thought...so today, while it's light out, knock at the door of salvation and know this friend..it will be opened for you.


"In Romans 1, God's charge against a false and godless world is that although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him (Romans 1:21a). They did not recognize the basis upon which their life depended. Though they would not hesitate to thank someone who so much as picked up a handkerchief for them, they could find no time to stop and give thanks to the God upon whom their life depended. " -Ray Stedman.


May this remind you that on the other side of that door is this: Joy! Peace! Contentment! Life!

Nothing else is more important that knocking on that door. So go, knock and for those of you who have not yet seen His face know this, it's the most lovely thing you will ever lay your eyes on. Eyes so gentle, hands and feet with holes in them, and a voice that beckons you in with love that you've never before experienced. You are in for a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment