About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sifted as Wheat


Today, I have been doing a lot of thinking. I started out the morning feeling like this, "how come I always end up feeling like such a failure? Like I'm constantly betraying the Lord, and not being the child I am asked to be? The child that I know I should be." My patience level decreases as the day comes to a close and my tolerance for the things of this world, (naughty children, rude comments from others and painful situations in life) grows increasingly smaller.

That is my flesh. And for that, I am sorrowful. I know that I am wrong in that and of course, I know that the Lord intercedes for me, when I ask, so I have tried to be more consistent about inquiring of the Lord..."Should not the people inquire of their God?" Isaiah 8:19b

And so I have been...and this morning, as I read the parallels and the differences between the sorrow of Judas who betrayed and also, Peter who denied I couldn't help with identifying with these men. Sinful to the core. Selfish to the core. Their own survival being of greater importance that some discomfort that might come with the association with Christ. I was sad for them and I know I too have missed out for the same reasons. Judas main differences was that his heart was never the Lord's to begin with. It was always his own. His great purposes were Judas plan and aren't we all there at some point? But the prayer is that we grow into a more "Peter like" character and become shamelessly passionate and in love with the Lord. Blindly we should jump out of boats into the waves, knowing He is there...but it was also Peters quick words that got him into trouble, as He exclaims, I follow you even to the death Lord!!! And I truly believe in that moment, he meant it, but the passion faded as Peter looked a almost certain death in the face if he answered the little girls question of "aren't you also one of them?"

It was with that same passion that Peter, threw himself before the Lord with the statement of "Surely NOT LORD!" when Jesus explained to His followers that He would have to face suffering at the hands of many men very soon... Peter's love for the Lord proved to be a tool of the enemy because it was then that the Lord replied to Peter's blind passion, "Behind me Satan!" and then later Jesus tells Peter this..."Simon, Simon! Satan has asked to sift you as wheat... But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail, and when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.." Luke 22:31

Now, I am not claiming to have a matchable life to Peter, for Peter was to the core, a true man of God, and I am my friends, a timid work in progress...but at times this year, I have felt the power of the Lord's prayers on behalf of me. The fact that this happened then, you know it happens today, the enemy is as deceitful as ever and it's true that he watches us for weak points and when he hears us exclaim, "I don't have a problem with that..." or "that doesn't affect me..." You had better be on your guard my friends because this is when and where Satan attacks. Not one of us is above something. Not one of us is better. And all of us are susceptible to anything that falls into the "sin" category. SO be watching friends, and I say this to myself most of all...Satan can still ask to sift us as wheat.

The knowledge of Christ, and knowing Him this past winter in a deeper way than I ever have, has saved me from such sifting. But take heart my friends! The fact that Satan wants to sift us, is proof that we are doing things to further the Kingdom. I have had many many years of my life where no real work for the Lord was accomplished. Lots of work was done for myself, just as Judas lived out his ministry for himself...but somewhere along the lines in the past 2 years, the Lord decided it was time to make me wake up to my sin. And as I did...my eyes were opened, and the sorrow, bitterness, and the finally the repentance set in. I am small. I know this, and I want to stay that way in my own eyes because as soon as I feel the attitude in my heart creep in that states.." I've got this one. I can do this on my own now..." I'm dead meat.

I am the Lords. My breath is the Lords. My every move, thought attitude and step is in the Lord's power and not my own. And with the winter I've been through, I know this to be true. The reason I can say all that I say today, is proof that the Lord has been interceding for me, and praying on behalf so that I do not fall in each step I take. For not only am I small, but I am weak. And it's only by His power that I can be remotely strong.

So friends, today, lets consider this...are we allowing Satan to use us? Are we unknowingly being his projector? Either with our mouths or actions? We are to be Christ's vessel alone, and trust me!! If Jesus said this to Peter, His intimate pupil and friend of three years, then we are most certainly not any different.

Lets be on our guard my friends. This life, is a journey of constant repentance which leads to greater faith, growth, hope, joy and peace. It's a ride, but it's worth it. All the while we are more and more fulfilled and hopefully our desires are to further the Kingdom, Give praise and glory to God, and keep in mind, our rewards are in Heaven, as He sees all we do.

"With Man this is impossible, but with God, all things are possible." Matt 19:26

And of course we know, it is all done by His mighty and great unfathomable power.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Amber for these thoughts....It has led me to alot of soul searching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, i'm right there with you. That is why I wrote this, not because i've got it figured out, but because it's what i'm in the thick of it.

    ReplyDelete