About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

When Trees Bloom


I had this thought as I was reading my friends blog and she commented on how "suddenly, her tree bloomed out her bedroom window.." And of course, it prompted thoughts on a spiritual level for me. (thanks Alesha for the inspiration, and God.)

There are times in our lives when we are surrounded by darkness. It's a hard place to be, and sometimes we question as to why God might be allowing us to be there? But as I personally have experienced, when it's dark out, I am desperately reaching in the dark for the Lord and as opposed to when it's sunny and perfect out, I'm not so prone to desperation for His hands, for I can see just fine! As I just came out of a dark place this winter, and as I searched moment by moment for glimpses of light or of "trees in bloom..." suddenly I began to find them. Little pockets of joy in each day that allowed me the strength to continue on my journey.

Is there anyone with me here today who feels as though the sun is hiding? Well, your not alone, it's crazy to believe that the sun can be bright as day outside, and yet feels so rainy in a certain individuals heart....and I am hear to speak to those who's heart is not just in the rain, it's in a thunder storm. That's whom God loves to speak to as well...those who are broken, tired and weary, and He longs to gather you up, as chicks under a mother hens wings in the rain...this is what He does in fact do for us. So the only rain you feel, is the rain that is gently allowed through the mother hens feathers...( a fraction of you would feel if those feathers were not there)

And His feathers of course is His love, His peace, His comfort and His still, calm, quiet voice that pierces the darkness, and quiets the storm.

I absolutely love the image of Jesus quieting the storm...

"One day Jesus said to His disciples, "Lets go over to the other of the lake.." So they got in their boat and set out. As they sailed, He fell asleep...A squall came down on the lake so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger. The disciples went and woke hi, saying, "Master! Master! were going to drown!"

He Got up, and rebuked the wind and raging waters; the storm subsided and all was calm.." Luke 8:22-24


Don't you love that last phrase? and all was calm..

Have you ever begged the Lord for calm? I have, and when I first asked Him in the midst of my storm, I asked for a life preserver. Then, I asked for a flashlight. Then, I asked for some company so I wouldn't have drowned alone...but when I finally asked for calm, He responded..

He didn't want me to be comfortable in the darkness with anything but Him. He wanted me to want Him, and hence my darkness. And when I asked for calm...that is exactly what I got...

I'm not stating that this is the secret recipe to solving pain in our lives, but what I am saying is that asking for the Lord to give us peace in the midst of the storm is one of the ways we begin to see tree's blossoming in the midst of painful circumstances.

This is a promise to the broken hearted, the beaten down and bruised, to the faint of heart and the sick and lonely..

He not only hears you, He longs to give you peace and calm your storm, so run to His name, call to Him as His disciples did! Master! Master! Save us! We are going to drown!!!

And then seek Him....spend time every day seeking Him and just watch my friends as trees begin to bloom in places you never though imaginable....and then we can say...to God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment