About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Doing the Work


There is a certain job God has for each man. When He formed you, and I, He had in mind the things we would go through, the people we would impact and the jobs we would accomplish. Obviously, human desire, desires is to go it's own thing, and go it's own way, and many times, when we fall off "the path" God takes those failings, and uses those for good in our lives at some point as well. I do not fully understand the predestination/freewill concept, other than God is in complete control, knows all and sees all. And He foresees mistakes we make, and therefore, allows them, and it's in His plan that all of this may happen. I have a hard time looking at someone and saying "the painful thing that just happened to you was God's plan for you" but I can look at someone and say, "the painful thing that happened to you, God can use for good." Just like my sickness, or other pains I've dealt with in my life, as I look back, I DO see that they have worked out for my best in the end. Hard at the time, good in the end. Some things are natural, like death at the end of a long life, and somethings are unexpected. But either way, God can use them, and does. Which leads me back to the idea of what God has in store for each one of us. Why we were formed, why we deal with what we deal with, and how we can use that for His glory somewhere down the line. There are many scenarios where we the flesh walk into painful things, and bring upon ourselves more pain than necessary...for example:

Had I stayed away from some of the bad relationships I made in college, some of my painful memories of past would not exist, in the same way, God used those circumstances to shape me, mold me, and show me what "healthy" relationships look like now. And I am thankful for that, and knowing now that I've been through some of what I've been through, it will aid me in ministering to others now. Those who may have been through similar things, and are suffering because of it.

As I look at my life right now, all it's joys and sorrows, there is nothing I could or would change because I'm not sure what I would change. And what if I changed the wrong thing? SO instead, I rely on His wisdom to direct me, to lead me and show me, the place that I should go.

"For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength." 1 Cor. 1:25

I am coming to the place where I am content to simply say, I know nothing, and what I do that seems like I have wisdom, may be only because God gave me a moment to display some of His words, using my mouth as the way of delivery. Do not put my name on those words if they sound good, put His name on them. In that I find peace.. because I now know it's not my strength that carries me, but His.

You know that feeling of when you are a child, and you sleep in so much peace because you know that your not in control? There is a sense of peace that comes with the knowledge that we are not in control of what happens in our lives...and as we rely on Christ, what needs to happen for our best, will. This does take a person willing to forfeit their plans and will for their own lives, but I lately I have had not had a hard time doing this because I recognize the nothingness that takes over my life when I think that I know best.

Get me out on my own for one moment, and me weakness will show. But, put me in the same place, as I rely on the strength of Christ, and the outcome is much different, as I soar on the wings of the eagle.

Let me wrap this up and bring my thoughts to a close, without Him I am nothing. And in Him, I can do whatever He asks me to do, because He will supply me what I need when I'm where I am at...and He will do this for you to my friend.

What you've gone through, God knows. Where you've come from, God knows. And where your going, yep, He knows that too. He will use it all to a much greater degree if you allow Him to take over, and lead you as only the Shepherd can. You are not your own, you were bought with the price of His death on the cross. We would all like to live at times as though we are our own unit, operating out of our wisdom and leadings so that the good that comes into our lives will be recognized as our own abilities that brought the into fruition...but that ideology will get us only far, and we will soon falter. His job for you can be great if we take what gifts He's given us, the things we've learned from mistakes in the past and use them to honor Him in our "right now." His job for us, is the way we minister to others in the places He's strategically placed us, you may think that you took that job in Seattle because you like Seattle and you had the right job requirements, but in God's world, you are there, because He put you there, and I'm sure if you are chasing after the things of God, and your eyes are opened to things of God, then you will soon see the world of ministry He has for you there.

This is your job: Listen to the leadings of God, watch where He wants you to go, and then go. Speak. Act. And then watch as He takes your obedience and grows good things from your ministry. It's pretty amazing to think that we are apart of His plan, because He has placed us, used us and ministered to others though us. We only need to do the work! Can you do that? Can I do that? The only way we can is be a reliance on Him, and constant white-knuckle grip on the Word of God...and yes, He will give you the strength and the desire to that too.. He is God! We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment