About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Looking Up


I had a bit of an interesting "dream" while hovering in between sleep and wakefulness this afternoon as I tried to catch up on my sleep missed from the night before.

I am not a dream interpreter, but this was what I saw:

A long tunnel hole, and a person standing at the bottom of it. It reminded me of a well...and I had the view looking up towards the sky, and I could see the sunlight ahead.

And of course, it made me think of my currents struggles, trials, and issues I've been through as I've walked the pregnancy road again. I am not un-thankful to be pregnant, but the chaos that pregnancy brings to my body and life is somewhat intense. This morning, as I "awoke" from another sleepless night, I was crying, knowing the long day I had in front of me without sleep once again...I told my husband that I feel like I've been struggling so long, I'm not sure what it feels like to not struggle. And when and if that day arrives...it will feel like heaven.

And this picture in my dream reminded me of one simple truth...when I have Christ in my life, there is always a light ahead. And I wonder...how many of you reading this, need to hear that message as well.

"this too shall pass..." is often what I whisper to myself as I struggle through a day, or moment. And as I pray, seek and strive to remain optimistic, and trusting in my Father as I go through these storms of life, the light ahead keeps me going. Of course, I am always looking for the "light" in each day, because sometimes the far light ahead just seems too far away. But regardless, I have the hope of the light that awaits and I am able to pick up my feet and take yet another step. I truly do not know why the Lord has asked me to deal with some of what I'm dealing with, but whatever the reason may be, He continues to inspire me with one foot in front of the other with a moment by moment dependence on the Father. Maybe that's why I am here in this place...to remember whats it's like to depend upon Him for my everything. But those are questions I'm sure I will have answered for me somewhere down the line...

But to hopefully relate to any of you who might be struggling as well, know this: There is a light ahead. And even though, we may feel as though we are down in a deep dark well, alone and left..we are not. As we reach for the light, help will come. The rope will be thrown down, and we will be pulled to safety as our cries are heard. So do not quit crying out...where there is light, there is life. So friends, take it from someones who's been down, there is light ahead, and God is our rescuer. Call out His name, and wait as He answers you in your distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment