About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, August 6, 2010

In the meantime..


So I recognize that my life has been a little upside down lately...and I find myself wishing for the coolness of fall and months to come because I know that this leg of my tiresome journey will be over with. I do not want to wish away days, especially precious time I have been given with my children, and the more time I spend wishing for tomorrow, the less time I spend enjoying today.

But it's the "enjoying" part that has been pretty difficult, I can try and remain positive, I can try and pray through all my hard moments with sickness, and the like, but actually enjoying the state I'm in right now has been hard.

I want to! But the phrase that came to mind for myself was this: Life is what happens while your busy making other plans.

I know this to be true...I miss SO much when I am planning for tomorrow rather than enjoying the many sweet moments of today...

And I consider all the other times in my life when I was wishing for something else while I was missing the moments of right now...I was always more discontent when that was my mindset...and I of course, missed much.

School for example, I was always waiting for the day when I was done, my engagement, my wedding, my honeymoon, my newly married life...always wishing for time to fly so that things could become "normal" again. Well my friends, I'm beginning to think that "normal" changes, and that the sooner I become accustomed to that, the more I will enjoy today!

I seem to have the certain idea in my mind of what the perfect life would look like, and the only way for me to achieve that is for time to pass! So I sit in today, wishing constantly that it were tomorrow.

I do not want to be like this anymore. The funny things my children say today, should not be missed while waiting for them to be a bit older so I can do "the things I want to do.." Not that I often wish their childhood away, but in my days of sickness, I've found myself wishing it more.

To make a long story short, I'm not sure where this idea falls in the realm of God and His desires for me, but He has given me today, and He tells me not to worry about tomorrow...so I can only conclude that He too would rather have me enjoying today than spending all my time dreaming of "when the baby comes and life can go back to normal..."

Because life is only to go be "this way" for today, and tomorrow, and tomorrow will most surly come, I will realize what I missed yesterday.

Perhaps my friends you may be on the same page as I, and if I cause you to think as I am thinking on these things, then something good came from my ponderings.

There is joy in today, regardless of what it looks like. We need only to find it.

That is not some "make you feel good mubo jumbo.." It's the truth of what exists in a life that is lived in it's fullness, for Christ, and Christ I can only imagine, would be pleased by my desires to enjoy what He has blessed me with in these very moments I am in right now.

Put more simply...Life is short. Too short to spend wishing for the goodness of tomorrow when there is all kinds of goodness to be had right now! SO lets quit saying, life will be better when I'm thinner, life will better if I can have a child, life will be better if my I meet a man/woman to marry, if my job gets better, if my children grow up, if had more money!!!! Friends, you fill in the blank for what your wishes for tomorrow are, but know this, today holds many blessings, and good things if only we stop wishing for what we do not have...yet. So, I hope you all have a good day TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment