About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Day of Love


Happy Valentines Day friends!!

I found myself getting annoyed this year as I tried so hard to find a card that fit my thoughts and feelings of love towards my husband and family. I ended up with very simple messages in all the cards I picked out. Why? Because the message of Love is simple.


"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." -John 15:13


Now, I know that I have not lately literally laid down my life for friends or family, but in my words, actions and thoughts I can do this.

This is in fact what Christ quite literally did for all of us at the cross, and we are to mimic His actions and lifestyles in any way we can, and love my friends, is not exception.

Love, although at it's core is simple i can make it seem tough at times, it means getting outside yourself in certain situations, reaching out to places you are not comfortable with. (because they force you to do things for others that are not natural)

For example, it's not natural to ask someone if you could pay for their coffee for them in the drive-thru at Starbucks. Nor is it natural to wash someone feet for them, but Jesus did this for us...and we have the ability and opportunity to bless others daily with our love. (Not just on Valentines Day) But the reason these acts seem difficult is because I relying upon my own human strength to do these acts, so they become rituals, and tiersome.

And it truly is our blessing and gift to be able to do this, Christ tells us also that not one cup of water given in His name will be overlooked..(Matt. 25:44-45)

Although we are not to do these acts with the thought of the blessing we are going to receive in return (although I am guilty of that! :) Sorry Lord..) it is encouraging to know that when we give love, we not only receive human love in return, we receive kingdom blessings.

How well are we loving one another? It has to come from our hearts, and with each kind and loving act or word we do and say towards others, another layer of selfishness gets peeled back from my thick skin of this world.

I hate that I am so of this world at times, and the opportunities to love others pass me by as I selfishly consider my own desires instead.

Making someone feel loved is a way to make someone feel as though they are not invisible to the world, they are important to someone, and it encourages them body and soul. Love is a very overused to word though I think. What does true love mean?

To me, there is only one real answer to this question and it comes strait from His words to us...


1 John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.


Sacrifice, which in turn breaths life into dead and weary souls, refreshing them, causing them to perk up, open their eyes and hopefully see Jesus in you. This my friends, is my definition of love.

I am not confessing to be perfect, quite the opposite, I'm confessing my deep regret for ways I have not loved, and giving up to the Lord, my desires to love more like He does. Whatever that means, whatever that looks like, I'm there...learning and leaning on His guidance.

Truthful and sacrificial love is the kind of love that Christ portrays...doesn't that sound like the kind of love you'd like to receive? I know it does to me, and it's why I am there, every day, kneeling at the foot of the cross..

Thanking Him for His love, asking Him to teach me His love and praying for all those I love.

So if you here today, reading this, know one thing, His love is the only love you need. Just ask, look and knock...and wait for the floodgates of love to be opened for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment