About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Getting There..


Have you ever felt like perhaps, you might not ever "get there"...you know, THERE. That place, the place where you will finally be "happy", "content" and peaceful.

I have often wondered that myself, and I really found myself labeling what my "there" was going to be, such as..." When I'm not sick and pregnant anymore," then I will be there, or, " When Joshua is out of the terrible 2's" or, when I'm done with the "diaper stage.."

Well, obviously friends, some of these things have come to pass, and you know what? When I reached my desired "there", I still didn't feel there. Frustrating isn't it?

I know we have most likely all had similar thoughts...We are truly always waiting for the next thing in life to make us feel complete. And let me tell you friends, this desire in and of itself is not a bad thing, but it's the "there" that we keep getting mixed up on.

We were designed for our eternal home, and since our eternal home for most of us is a little ways off, we are always striving to fill the void right now. This is where I go wrong my friends. God does not want me try and fill the void with things, He wants me to fill the void with expectation of Him. Understanding that He can fill me to His fullest until I can have the ultimate fill, Heaven. Or, as He calls in John chapter 14...HOME.

Do you want to feel like your home all the time? Well, you can. You know that home-like feeling that washes over you when you stepped foot back into your parents home after being away at college? I do. I remember it like yesterday. It wasn't necessarily heaven, but it was peace...

It was warm, inviting, smelled like a mixture of home-cooked food and Mom's yummy candles burning. In other words, it smelt like thanksgiving, every day. The warmth you felt was not only from the warm fire burning in the stove, but it came from the warmth of Jesus dwelling there and in the hearts of my parents. This was my earthly representation of 'coming home.'

Now, as wonderful as the home is that I just described above, heaven will be so much more, and that is why my friends, we long for what's next.

"who could mind the journey, when the road leads home..."

I heard that quote this morning and it really epitomised to me what I have been thinking about these past few days...the journey is not a bad thing...in fact, it's a gift.

Because without the journey, the arrival home would not be so amazing. So let me tell you friends, that new house that you want, that is not going to satisfy your deepest desires. Neither is that new car, job or the boy-friend, the girlfriend, or dog. If you feel as though your looking for something...you are, that's part of the journey, but you will have your desires met in full when you reach your eternal home, and then you will be within touching distance of Jesus. Wow.

And this is exactly why we all can have peace, right now. For those who put their faith and trust in Jesus, the journey although long at times, is not lacking in peace, joy and contentment, because we have a little piece of home with you at all times, and He's right there, in you.

Jesus tell us in John chapter 14, that He Is, "The Solution."

It's like you get to carry around your home-scented candle and little bag of Mom's home-maid oatmeal raisin cookies with you everywhere you go. A little reminder of Home.

I know my friends, it's hard not to buy into the lie that you can be perfectly content by having more things, people, children, clothes and cars...and I'll admit, those things sure can be wonderful, they pale in comparison to the home that awaits you in heaven. No more sorrow. No more pain. No more tears. No more lonely night. No more anything. All that will live in you then will be peace, and joy and absolute, Christ within you, contentment. Sounds nice doesn't it. I'm right there with you. But don't for one moment undermined God's plans for you here on earth...they are taking you step by step, closer to the Father, and others around you are watching you walk. Hopefully, you will have some friends join you along the way and they too may see their eternal Home. We only really have one choice in this life that really matters...the rest is in the Hands of the Lord, and this, is how I must stay, if I am to be who HE wants me to be. So, I'm heading home, anyone want to go with me? It might be a while till we get there, but I promise, it's going to be worth the wait.

Learn to let God be God; that is the first thing He declares to us. The lessons of life will fall into place when you learn that. God is in charge of life, so let Him be in charge; take these lessons from His hands.- Ray Stedman

No comments:

Post a Comment