About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Holy Spirit


It's odd for me really that my entire Christian walk I've not really given much thought to the person of the Holy Spirit. I'm learning about Him and His identity in my Bible study right now and it's utterly shocking that although I know I have Him in me...I consider Him not.

I pray to Jesus, and I talk to God and I forget completely about the third personality of the triune God. I feel very grieved over that. The Holy Spirit is an identity, separate and yet completely a part of the three God personalities. His own, yet the same. And all my life although I've read about Him, and sang songs such as "Holy Spirit rain down.." I really missed the identity and attributes of my Holy Spirit. I almost felt a little weirded out by the Holy Spirit when I did think on Him, and it was the tongues of fire on the disciples heads that I compared it's identity to. But listen to this my friends, I'm learning the most amazing things about this Holy Spirit and I have had Him dwelling in me all this time and yet missed out on the beauty of His role in my life. He has many qualities that I enjoyed daily, but did not give real credit to Him for them...Things that like comfort, guidance and feelings of direction...I gave my conscience this credit, which truly is the Holy Spirit...

The Holy Spirit gives me my conscience and He places those thoughts and feelings within me when I'm either walking in the right direction or the wrong...

Jesus sent His Holy Spirit to dwell in the souls of those who believed in Him, and with the belief we receive His gift. Isn't it amazing the think that Jesus's gift to us, for obeying Him, learning from Him, loving Him and choosing to follow His teaching is the Holy Spirit, another exact form of Jesus, living inside of us?

If you have grown up with any knowledge of the faith at all, those are words we have heard all our lives but my friends, do you really consider what that means on a daily basis?

Inside of us, is God...teaching us, instructing us, comforting us, giving us peace...and we can call on Him to walk us through whatever we are going through on a moment by moment basis?

When Jesus was walking the earth literally, He was there, but was not "with" the disciples and other followers in the way that the Holy Spirit is with us now...the Holy Spirit is inseparable from us, and that is why, even when we go our own way, we cannot stay there for long. And then when we return, we feel the overwhelming peace, joy and comfort of the Holy Spirit as He blesses us for our obedience.

You see, when we love the Lord, listen to the guidance the Holy Spirit and walk in Jesus's example, we are blessed, it's not a works based faith though, don't get confused by my words, you see we as believers do these things because we love our Savior, and out of that we recognize our obedience is key.

When we obey the guide, things in our life work out to the best of God's plan for us, and in return we are living in the most peace imaginable...the peace of God's plan.

His plans are a mystery to us, which is why we have the Holy Spirit who dwells in us to help us take each seemingly unseen step. And walking the steps of obedience feels better than walking blind in our own decided path. Who can for see what lies ahead except the creator and who can guide us more safely than the ultimate councilor and leader...

The Holy Spirit is our gift and if you friends are anything like me, we barely even unwrap the top layer of that gift because we are so preoccupied and bogged down by the lies of this world.

So with our knowledge of the truth and our understanding of our gift of freedom in Christ, and the leading hands of the Holy Spirit, we now should walk in peace. Knowing that we are fully cared for, provided for and most of all, loved.

We come blemished, and cleans us...He holds us, teaches us, and when we obey as a loving response the Holy Spirit takes His place in our hearts and steers us, all we have to do is ask, and the rest will follow.

If these words are new to you today, as they felt to me yesterday when I heard them, don't be discouraged, we are on a journey of growth...and if we had it all figured out from day one, then the purposes of life would diminish. God desires us to follow in love and obedience, which causes us to learn more and more as we follow Him more faithfully each day. Growth in imminent when we are learning under the careful instruction of the Savior...

Be encouraged friends, HE is dwelling in you...ask Him for truth and guidance, and little by little your next step will become more clear.

He is your window...your candle...your compass. And Christ, is your true North. (Home).

No comments:

Post a Comment