About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Making the Shift


What is it friends that consumes your thoughts more than anything else? After that thing is named, can you remember a time BEFORE you thought about that thing most? What did you think about before this new all consuming thought entered your mind. Was there peace before or was it just yet another all consuming thought. Why is this thought there, and is a good thing or things to think on, or are they capturing your heart more than what is most important, Christ.

I too have the confession of thoughts have been misled. Thoughts that go in places and directions that are not the most important place. The most important place I can expel my energy of thoughts are obviously not what where I currently am, and I need to ask the Lord to help me make the shift.

The shift begins quite small, but as I have practiced in the past with other "thought strongholds" repeating the truth leads to a believing of the truth, which eventually dissolves the unhealthy thought pattern almost completely.

But it's not easy and if it was, the stronghold was not what we thought it was and that is a blessing. My strongholds are incredibly strong though. (Much to my grief) which it actually means I have been more "in bed" with my thoughts that I even realized...

However, I find myself being more and more encouraged with each small victory, each battle won to God's glory is a victory to the kingdom of heaven and Christ's name is held up within me when I say NO to the temptations of thought and YES to plans of the Lord.

And that my friends, is key in overcoming any stronghold that the enemy dangles in front of us. The devil's schemes are huge, but he does not care WHAT we are distracted by just as long as we are distracted by something. Sad isn't it? But it's how the prince of this world works. Anything that takes our thought away from things that bring glory to Christ, anything that can become an idol within our hearts and minds, this my friends, is a stronghold. To diminish fear, worry and anxiety in our lives, we must bring to light the strongholds we battle with. So, how do we do battle? Well, the Lord has got some really great armor we can use, Ephes 6, (putting on the whole armor of God) Your armor looks a little something like this: a belt of truth buckled around your waist, the breastplate of righteousness in place, and your feet are fitted with readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. So right here friends we have, truth, righteousness, and peace. The polar opposites of any stronghold the devil might throw at you. The enemies strongholds are easy to recognize because here are a few things the devil asks you to put on when you are taking ahold of this stronghold. (or it's taking ahold of you rather) Confusion, that's a big one. Fear, there's another deal maker, anxiety, (that's always present when your experiencing the first two) and last of all the total absence of peace. There can be no peace when we choose to live in confusion, fear and anxiety. Is any of this sounding familiar to any of you? I know it does to me, but listen dear friends, God is hope, and peace and our armor. And on that day of temptation, when the enemy hurls his best at us, we can stand firm with our heavenly armor on, knowing we can face any battle because not only is God on our side, he goes before us, and blazes His truth in the face of evil and I know you can only imagine how the enemy trembles as he realizes that even on his best day, His power doesn't even compare to Christ's. I love this thought friends, and there is so much comfort in the fact that the enemy, even on his best day is still only, "the prince of the world" where in stark contrast Christ is the "King of all..."

Do you feel the weight of those words friends? King of all. It's beauty to my ears, and peace to my soul. Do you know what this means for you? Well, it means a host of wonderful things, it means first of all, that in the process of laying down our strongholds, the King of all wins. He protect us with mighty hands and places a hedge of protection to ward off the arrows of the enemy that long to pierce our very souls. And when a soul is pierced, out goes peace. So this protection is key.

I hope I have encouraged you my friends..knowing that this world is full of temptation, idols and things that wage war over our affections for Christ. We need to offer up those strongholds to the Lord, knowing that when we do this, our enemy is defeated. Each act of offering it up, (which may be quite a process on a day to day basis depending on how deep you are in love with your stronghold) is an act of love to our Savior. And as we learn in John 14, He deeply rewards us for our obedience to Him with peace.

Friends, who is this king of glory who pursues us with His love? He is the only stronghold that will ever truly satisfy us. And really the song is true, that we can't "get no satisfaction." at least from earthly sources. So don't look for your satisfaction, and glory from things of this earth, look to the king of glory...He is pursuing you with His love. He can break any stronghold...and save anyone who asks. So come with me won't you? Grab your armor and I think we have some battles that need fighting. We are warriors for Christ and He is calling your heart to beat for Him alone. Fight for it friends, it's worth it. It's the satisfaction you've been look for. And HE wants to be King of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment