About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Health


Health is not something you generally think about until you no longer have it. After experiencing a few health setbacks of my own, I have recognized the importance of health in our lives. Spiritually and physically.

Spiritual health is also something that I believe most of us don't really think on to often, unless your someone like me, someone who once VERY spiritually UN healthy. The health I strive and feel now, is a level health I did not even know existed. It's as if you thought having a migraine headache was normal, and then someone let you in the fact the you could get rid of the pain you called "normal" and so you took this pill and WOW. A new normal. And it feels great! That is sort of what happened to me when I surrendered my everything to Christ, not just what I felt needed to be surrendered, but what HE thought should be. So by and by, after I gave it all back the the Lord, what was I left with but health.

I was no longer bogged down by the cholesterol in my heart cavity. The cholesterol of sin builds up so much so pretty soon, your poor little spiritual heart doesn't even receive any of the blood it needs, and in bad cases, those hearts die. Along with the spiritual lives of many people. But if you don't start out being taught how to be healthy, and feed your soul spiritually healthy meals, you soon flounder with your new healthy lifestyle...and there are some who even though they know the healthy choices they should make, they still choose junk. And it's the junk of self that usually does us in.

We want and want and want and fill and fill and fill with things that are not good for us. They do not encourage our walk with Christ and they do not feed our starving souls.

So now, I have this metaphor to help me think. I want overall health with all I do, say and think..and when I consider my relationships with others, I want them healthy. No beefs with friends, family or random people in target. :)

Nothing unhealthy in my thoughts...(taking every thought captive and making it obedient to Christ)

Nothing unhealthy in my language...(That my words may seasoned with salt, so that I will no how to answer anyone..)

Nothing unhealthy in my heart, (greed, selfishness, unrest, absence of peace, no joy, discontent) all things to pray against...

That I would attend regular apts. with my Great Physician who teaches me ways each day to be healthier still and live a life more full for Him.

(wouldn't that be funny to see your Dr. every day?) Well, meeting with Jesus daily is not nearly as expensive...and also quite fulfilling. :)

Nothing unhealthy that my eyes rest upon...and this is a tough one for all of us friends, and it's not said to guilt myself, all I have decided to do, is put what I watch through His filter...

(everything lovely, everything pure...think on these things)

And if it doesn't pass that test, do not linger. Difficult, but healthy.

And nothing unhealthy in my body. (not that do not eat sweets) but I consider, am I feeding my temple bad food? I do believe the Lord sat down with a juicy lamb chop once a while. :) But probably not daily...So, healthy in, and healthy out.

And I also ask my Great Physician for help to not obsess about any one of those healthy or unhealthy areas. Which in turn, helps me to indeed, "take every one of my thought captive making it obedient to my Lord and Savior..."

Now this healthy regiment, it is not my own human quest for bettering oneself. I cannot, nor will I every be able to better myself on my own. All of my healthy desires are fueled by the Lord, from His word...and I only stay on my healthy soul diet because He gives me the strength to daily. When I wake up, and unhealthy human thoughts begin to pour in, I counter them with His truth. I heard it said, "Quit listening to yourself and start Talking to yourself..." because what our minds have to tells us wrong, but what we can tell ourselves about Christ and His truth is right, and healthy.

So please, consider this, a life lived in peace with Christ, means that really, it is WELL with your soul. And isn't that something deep down we all wish we could say at the end of this life? That oh my friends, It has been WELL with my soul? My soul has been healthy this walk? I do. I want that. It sounds amazing, and peaceful.

Won't you ask God today to make it "WELL with your soul?"

Join me and if you don't want to sing it, just hum, or read, but let His peace wash over you today.



When peace, like a river,

attendeth my way,

When sorrows like sea billows roll;

Whatever my lot,

Thou has taught me to say,

It is well,

it is well,

with my soul.

Refrain: It is well, with my soul,It is well, it is well, with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment