About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Getting Distracted


Distractions Distractions Distractions

We all have them in our midst and yet it's difficult to ignore them. I have many distractions throughout each day as I go about my daily tasks, I feel like I'm constantly saying, "Oh! I wish that I could finish one thing!" Obviously, I'm attempting to do things while my children are not napping, and my task because to daunting as they needed my attention. And then their are other distractions we face...distractions that pull our hearts, and thoughts away from Christ and His desires for us. I've been just captivated by the fact that God has got this plan for me, but I become distracted from the joy of future hope and allow myself to be distracted by human emotions, human ambitions, and lies of the enemy. Similar to the way my desire to surf the net or "take a mintue to myself" distracts me from my job at hand, raising my children. (go figure)

As I talked about my last blog on how we are to put on the full armor of God, well, this will help us in our defeating our distractions, but I'm recognizing that we also need to be on our guard. Being on our guard is like having cat-like reflexes. It's recognizing the presence of evil the very second it enters our minds. And then refuting it with Christ. This my friends is what I'm doing, or at least attempting to do, with scripture and prayers...

Understanding that God is holding my whole horizon in His view is quite encouraging, but I get distracted so easily, and peace I had only moments ago regarding His plans for me, now escapes me, and my distraction has now become my priority. Do you see the transition and how it happens in your own life? It goes a little something like this.. You are at your job, or caring for your children, content. Thankful. Peaceful. Then like a firefly on a summer night a distracting thought flits into your mind. It hovers, you maybe swat at it, scrunch your face up at it, because lets face it, it's annoying, and yet captivating. The light is of that distraction is captivating. It takes your eyes off of whats at hand long enough for you to get distracted, and because you fell for the enemies little firefly, he now knows this is a weakness for you. The firefly could be another man, if your married, a baby, if your barren or want more...a new shirt, if your feeling discontent with what you have on...a new car, if yours just does not seem new enough anymore. And then like that, the enemy is in your thoughts, messing with your peace and distracting you from God's ultimate plan. He desires to make you content with all you have and fill you with what He's going to provide you with. And I assure you, it looks nothing like your distraction.

I want to expose the enemy and all his dirty little tricks that he has thrown at me personally in hopes the save all of you from falling for the same temptations.. The enemies desire is to have you in his snare, and once your there, it proves almost too much for a soul to bear. Don't let yourself get trapped by his distractions.

Instead here is an approach you may take, and it's what I'm attempting to do as I mentioned above, whenever a little firefly of distraction flits across my horizon view, I may glance, but I instantly look away, and contradict that firefly with a coinciding scripture.

such as, "no temptation has seized you accept what is common to man, He will provide a way out for you.." (obviously paraphrased) or

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. (James 4.7-8a)"

Take to heart that Jesus experienced distractions as well and He gave us all kinds of ways to fight it by the way He never sinned, and continually resisted distraction. He was focused, and although we do not have the ability to never sin, we can follow His ultimate example..


Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (Heb 4.14-16) In other words, "he's been there too.." which I find so comforting. If he's been there, He knows how to help me out right now.


The key is to recognize and be aware of the distractions, and praying for discernment and wisdom to see, will help us. This is why we have the Holy Spirit residing in us. He is there to offer us this guidance as we call for help in these moments of great distraction.

Pinpointing your distractions will help your resist the devil and eventually friends, the enemy will flee. he will not remain on soil that constantly sprouts faith and resistance to the evil, it will be far to uncomfortable for him. Resist the devil and he will flee. Remember those words my friends, they are not mine, but Gods. (James 4: 7-8)

So today, as you go about your business and as night falls and the distractions buzz around your tired head, don't swat them with human power, don't gaze on them with desire in a moment of weakness, sqwash them with the truth of Christ, and they will be gone.

So then, as we practice this more and more, not only do we seep ourselves in the word of God, but we become stronger, more peaceful and more trusting. There is nothing better to be alone with yourself and feel peace. When was the last time you were all by yourself and yet still feeling peaceful? I'm not there yet, but I'm gaining the tools to help me get there...who's coming with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment