About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Monday, February 1, 2010

The "Smell Kiss."


If you have a small child in your life that you are close to you will know what this is. It's the kiss that when you lean in to plant the kiss on whatever sweet part of the child's sweet face, arm, knee or any other kissable place, and you inhale deeply through your nose.
I discovered that I do this to my children INSTANTLY. So much so, that Annie, has begun to say, "no mamma" when I go to kiss her. :)

I just cannot describe the sweet smell of my children enough to do it real justice, but let me just try. Here is the best word picture I can give you..

It smells like a summer day, with sticky Popsicle juice, a warm wind, a hint of chocolate, maybe graham crackers, (I'm not sure which one for sure..) baby lotion, (the pink kind, Johnson and Johnson,) a little bit of baby powder, sun-kissed skin, and here's the big one, you know that smell when you are in the hospital and you've just delivered your sweet baby, and the nurse hands baby to you fresh from heaven, and lays him or her on your chest, and your eyes fill up with tears so much so that the tears drip down onto your new baby's nose? That's the smell you get in a "smell kiss."

There is nothing on earth more sweet than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment