About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Biggest Loser


For those of you who know me well, you know I really like the show " The biggest Loser". There are many reasons why I like this show, one being that it takes people who are near death most of the time, in a very desolate place both emotionally and physically. And the two trainers of the BL take on these people and turn them into confident, successful people who are full of life. Does this story sound familiar to any of you? That in reality is what Christ does for us. When we are in a place of absolute desolation, most of us know we really have only one place to turn, and it's either for help, or the alternative, (not nearly as attractive) not make it.
Well this is the place the most of the BL contestants are as they enter into this program. The trainers take something practically dead and turn into a thriving, happy human being.
It's not all about the trainers though either, the people have to have the desire to change, they too have to recognize the desolation of the state and take steps towards changing. And on this show do they ever take steps. They are on a military training program, and one they could never do alone, and so the trainers walk them through each step, holding their hands, screaming their names as they fail to continue and chanting their name as they are succeeding, and even shedding tears as they shed they excess pounds. This show is one big success story. Do you know what else is a big success story? The Bible. It's full of story after story, case after case, person after person who recognized their desolate place of existence, recognized all the "excess pounds" they had to loose, things that had built up slowly over the years that was really killing them slowly. What seemed like a good idea at the time, "the extra cream puff" led to more and more disruptive habits. Soon, those Jesus saved, got to a place that knew they could no longer "do this" on their own. So lets take this home as I did last night as I tossed and turned in bed, unable to sleep because of this concept that I'm writing on right now. What are my excess pounds? What is the weight that is killing me slowly? Take me to a place that I am so weighted down I cannot even take another step? Well, sin is the big thing that weighs me down, and it's sin in my thoughts, sin in my actions and attitudes of sin I hold in my heart. Those are things that turn me into an invalid who is unable to skip and jump in the freedom of someone who is healthy in Christ. Oddly enough the show is titled the "Biggest Loser" but the biggest looser is the one wins the most. And the same is true with Christ, those who loose the most of themselves are the ones who experience Christ on a very intimate level...looking at His disciples, they lost alot for His name, (including their lives) and they said "to live is death to die is gain.." that concept is amazing to me, and it's a journey that few walk. Few are willing to loose that much for Christ.
So today, lets examine our "spiritual bodies" and determine is their weight that needs to be lost? I'm not talking about the stuff that others can see...I'm talking about the stuff that only you can see. Because it begins in the heart. Everything can be ship shape on the outside but there can be 200 lbs of sinful stuff that covers our insides. I'm right there with all of you, that is why this thought was so convicting to me. It's not about the outward things, because those really only follow when the attitudes turn into fabricated action. The sin is given birth to in your heart and mind and this is the place this sin grows until it becomes outward...and that point many of us are so heavy we need a spiritual boot camp before we can be made healthy again.
But here is the joyful news I have for all of you friends...this "biggest Loser campus" (God's campus) is available to anyone, anytime. We must only admit that we need saving, we must admit we have a problem and name our excess weight for what it is. Sin.
After that, great things can be done with us. We then are mold able, changeable and can be "biggest losers."
It's amazing to me as you see the joy that washes over these people as they see the physical pounds melt away, how much more would it be when the spiritual weight and bondage they are in would only fall. It's the only plan that really works, recognizing you have an issue and laying it in the hands of people who can help and teach you how to change. Step by step the weight falls off and breath by breath you learn how to do life in a healthy way. So, who is up for the challenge? Do you want to be the biggest loser? Do you want to conquer the "weight" that you are dealing with? What is the "weight" you battle? Lay it down and watch as God turn something terribly unhealthy, something absolutely desolate into something living, breathing, healthy and able to run, skip and jump. When was the last time you "skipped"? Been a while? Don't be afraid, He is the ultimate trainer and He will take you down a path that will change your life forever.

"Though you walk in the midst of trouble, you will revive me; you will stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies and you right hand will saves me. The Lord will perfect what concerns me." Psalm 138: 7-8

So today my friends, take the first step. And watch as your success begins to take flight. He is the only trainer you will ever need and the only one who can truly help you. ( Even though Jillian is pretty great) God is the only one who can truly fix you.

No comments:

Post a Comment