About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Under the Authority

Placing oneself under the authority of another, a leader, a ruler, a husband, a master, or God is not something that most people would think of as a gift. However, there is great freedom in knowing you are not the one calling the shots, making the decisions or driving the huge ship. My husband is not only the head of my household, the maker of the decisions, the one who calls the shots, I'm thankful that he's the one who does those things and not I. And because he is good leader and respectable husband, he usually includes me in those choices and talks them through with me. The leadership of a husband mimics in many way the relationship we have with our Father in heaven, and it's to be a delight to be under this authority.
David spoke of this issue and it really struck me this morning as I read, hear what he has to say,
" I lift my eyes to you, to you whose throne is heaven. As the eyes of a slave look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maid to her mistress, so our eyes look to the Lord, till he shows us His mercy." Psalm 123:1,2
Whats interesting about this scripture to me is that David was a king, one in great authority in his land, and who had power beyond belief. And yet, he recognized the power of GODS authority and how it was not a curse, or a chain, but a delight. To be under this authority was to be provided for, and we continue to look to the Lord as we know He will show us mercy.
Slavery is not something many people are comfortable with and of course the slaves we hear of are the ones who were badly mistreated and that of course is wrong. But the slavery of the Bible times was actually something many people chose to enter into, because they and their families were then forever provided for, and it was gift in those times, because they simply did what their masters directed, and life was peaceful for them. We enter into a commitment of serventhood when we commit to the Lord our lives, but friends, never will one experience such freedom but when they are under that mastership of this great Lord. He is the most just master that you will ever serve, only asking His servants to do what He knows they are capable of, never pushing us beyond the limits of our human ability, all the while wrapping us in the warmth of His fire. If a slave had food, water and warmth, he was provided for, not only does our great Master do all those things for us, He calls us friends, children and His sheep. All names of endearment that we shall never feel as though we are mistreated or not loved.
Are you seeing more of what I'm getting at here? I am not in control, and this is a good thing, My Master tells me my next step, so I have no fear in loosing the way, nor do I worry that I'm out of His will for me, because as I stay in his guidelines of leadership. And the big thing for me is that I trust Him. I trust him because He gave me first the greatest sacrifice of love that any master could ever give, He gave me His son. And for those of us who begin to think that our Master is unfair, or Lording over us, think no father than the cross. That death of His son was real my friends it's that gift of death, that is saving you. SO that when our Master looks at us, He sees us through the sacrifice of Christ, and all He can have for us is perfect love, because He loves us with the love He has for His son. Now that is amazing....
SO the next time you start to feel as though the hand of the Master is leading you in places you don't like, consider this, that He sacrificed His best, and He wants His best for you, so there should be no fear in that. Placing yourself under His authority should be the best, not always the easiest, but definitely the best for you. Do not doubt, when you know you are in His hands, there is no fear, because perfect love, casts out all fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment