About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Waiting on the Lord


Friends, have any of you ever felt like you were constantly waiting for something? Well, late last night, as I lay in bed, questions swirled around in my mind. And I wanted answers. I needed answers. But, at the bottom of my heart, I knew the knowledge something God alone only knew and I need to wait on Him for my answers. But it's the in between times that are difficult, the points in between being confident in what Christ tells you about His plans for you, and the opposite extreme, the doubting human mind that wants answers yesterday.

I tend to air on the side of wanting answers yesterday and so what do I do to try and quench that unquenchable thirst? I use google. Yes my friends google is my best friend and worst enemy. Because as soon you find 1 answer that seems to fit your problem, do you see the terrible ramifications of having this now google diagnosed problem. It's just terrible, you have a swollen lump in your throat, (not one that you can see, but your sure it's there) and now, based off of what google just told you, you have cancer in the glands in your throat and you will most definitely die tomorrow. Now, aren't you glad you made that search? I know. We all feel much better. Breath a sigh of relief, the world has answered your question, and guess what? STILL no peace. Oh friends. This is how I work, and I wish I would only make God my first choice rather than my last resort. And so, this is what I'm currently learned, when I wait to search out human answers, and wait on the Lord to supply me with my comfort, (answer or no answer) I am so much more at peace. Because first of all, I've handed my stresses over to Him and second of all, I know that I no longer have to do anything in my own power. It is all the Lords...and I like it that way. I wish I could learn to call on the Lord like I call on my friends...Because first I google, then I call my trusty friend. Now, friends are amazing, and they are God's gift to us, and we DO need them. However, in situations where they do not know, the cannot help. Other than perhaps to pray, and I have a friend who is that for me, so you all should get one of those prayer friends, but the ones who just tell you want to hear...they may not be ones to call in these moments of panic.

What am I getting at here? God is our only true solution. It does not matter the question, it does not matter the problem or the fear, the answer is God, and His love for you is written all over His word. (That He wrote for situations such as yours, so you would have a place to turn)

I began scouring His word like a hungry animal looking for His peace...and of course, I found it. Friends, this God we serve longs to speak to us, longs to calm our fears..calmed fears do not always mean answered prayers, but it means strength to carry on, and peace to quiet stormy hearts. It means, a way out from under "it"...and is that not what He tell us in His word..."No temptation has seized you except what is common to man?" He will not test you beyond what you can bear and He will provide and way for you out from under it..."

I know I'm paraphrasing a little here, but it's what He tell us and He means it. He is not a God who leads you out onto the water and the lets go. No my friends. Never. He will never abandon, or forsake, and this promise gives my questioning heart peace.

"This God, is our God for ever and ever; He will be our guide even to the end." Psalm 48:14


"The Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring whose waters do not fail." Isaiah 58:11


Do you feel like a watered garden? I do now. Every single time I doubt, He reminds me that He has got this in the bag. I wish I could hold that feeling endlessly. But, that is why I am so thankful to have the word accessible at any time. It is my biggest blessing. The knowledge of the truth is my biggest blessing. My relationship with the Lord is my biggest blessing. And let me tell you friends, there was a day not so very long ago, that those words would not have been what followed, "my biggest blessing..." Something else would have taken that spot of royalty and I understand this now.

God is in control. God comes first. God is my guide. God is my plan. God is my everything. God has "this" in the bag. (wishing the bag was clear so I could see inside) :)

But just the same, He's got it and that's what I need to remember. Perhaps you friend, need to remember this too...He is God, and we are not. And for that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment