About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What You Know


There are many things in life I do not know. It shakes me, the fears that linger...but I want to focus on the things that I DO know.

One thing I know, first of all, and foremost, God loves me.

Two, I know He felt what I feel..

Three, He never turns His back on me, He never leaves me deserted in the barren lands.

Four, I'm not alone, ever.

Five, He promises me future joy. (whether here or in heaven.)


"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him, endured the cross, scorning it's shame." Hebrews 12:2


I came across this verse this morning in my devotions, and it hit me for a couple of reasons, one reason was the great reminder to fix my eyes on Jesus. Keeping my eyes on Him will not allow me to see the lies swirling around me.

Secondly, that He (Jesus) went to the cross, with the idea of the joy set before Him...His pain, was bearable because He knew the stakes, He knew the reason, and He saw the future joy.

So I took this to heart, recognizing that my Father did this, and so must I. It may not be a literal cross that My Father has led me to, but it's a laying down to death my human and earthly desires. Watching them die, and fixing my eyes on Christ, knowing His plans are always better then mine.

What are those plans my friends that we cannot give up? Those desires that burn in our hearts, that as much as we pray, they don't go away? Name them, and lay them at the foot of the cross..

Hold them no more, and then as you stand up, put your eyes directly on the cross, directly on Jesus, and watch as you walk back home, not the way you came, but the way He has set out for you.

Jonah had to do this. He was scared, He was doubting that God's desires for him would ruin him. But it was Jonah's disobedience that ruined Him, but then, after he was puked up back on land after those three days and nights, what did He do? He RAN in the direction of God's plan...

Human paths always fail. Maybe not all at once, and maybe not visibly to others, but you know and feel in your heart and soul...disobedience never feels good.

I can only imagine how Johan felt. He stunk, He was exhausted from all the running, I'm sure He was as good as dead when that fish threw him up on shore. But after he cleaned himself up, he started in on God's intended plan, and felt the triumph of a life lived God's way.

God is not punishing us friends, he's giving us what we need. He can see what we cannot...

So, I know it's something I've said a million times, but now I have to believe it. And the only way I'm going to be able to get my human mind to believe in a God sized plan, is to fix my eyes on Jesus. To Fix your gaze on something means to stare it, even as the tears fall, and your eyes strain because of being so tired, fixing your eyes on Christ will help you to see the truth about your circumstances. His truth is the lamp that leads us down our crooked mountain pathways and twisting roads...knowing you will not be walking in the mountains forever, eventually you WILL come to a valley.

How do I know this? Because He tells me so...

" God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear." 1 Cor. 10:13a

and

"We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28


Are you feeling more encouraged? I am. This God I serve does not leave me hanging. He does not abandon us, and He does not enjoy watching us in pain. It's OK to tell God your hurting. It's OK to tell God your upset...but then, ask God to help you see what He wants you to see, rather than what you think you are seeing.

When I'm dealing with painful circumstances in my life, unanswered prayers...I ask the Lord to help me learn whatever it is I'm to be learning while I'm here...so that when I make it to the other side of the Jordan, I can take with me what I learned and apply it to life, when I'm in the next place He has taken me.

This life is a series of learnings, and lessons to make us better equipped for the next stage in life. This is why they call life the great Journey, you are never really "there" until heaven, but along the way, lives can be changed, and more people can be brought to the saving knowledge of the cross...

If you feel like your drowning...know this, you are not alone, and God is never going to let you sink. You are getting stronger with each stroke, each stride, each breath. Giving up only cuts you short of where you could be, and doing it in our strength only means we stop before His great work is done. If these thoughts are challenging to you, don't worry, they are challenging to me too, and that is why we are all here for one another as believers. Your not swimming alone, walking alone or riding alone. Reach out and grab the hand of your Father, and in the other, some earthly brother, and keep going.


"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way yet, without sin. Let us approach the throne with grace and confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. " Hebrews 4:15,16


The difference between drowning and swimming is asking for what we need. Ask Him for the strenght, ask Him for the courage, ask Him for the grace, peace, patience, kindness, and for almost all of us, the perseverance. His will reward you friend. Be encouraged. He is there and you are never alone. The valley will come. The green pasture with streams and quiet waters await your soul. Keep hiking. You are almost there. Don't believe me? Ask Him! He'll tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment