About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Purpose


Every human on earth wants to feel like the are doing something for their existence and having some purpose in life. Otherwise, life looses it's reason for continuing, and you see where people loose this hope when they choose to take their own lives. It's sad that we can reach such a low point in existence where we completely loose all and any reason for why we are here. Life is such a gift. ( ask any unborn child) And when we choose to throw it all away because we just have lost sight of what is important for us in our life.

I have had this thought the past couple of days, as I feel I'm just continually elbow deep in poopy diapers, and a the never-ending task of cleaning up after my little children. It's a calling, this a know, being a Mom is an amazing calling, so I am not discounting that. It's the mundane of every-day life that has begun to take it's toll on my hearts motivations. When I was young I was excited for each day because there were new and exciting things awaiting me, and slowly, as my life became more and more rooted in it's place, I felt myself loosing that excitment. Before I take down a road of sadness though, let me shed some light on this subject. That line of thinking is flawed, and it's just another attack of the enemy to get me to get "stuck" in one place and put my eyes back on myself, rather than on my creator, a creator who has great plans for me.

When the joy of Christ purpose begins to manifest itself in your soul, even the most mundane tasks can and will be done as an act of worship to Christ, to bring His name glory. The difference is this, either you plop down on your kitchen floor to scrub it with a scowl on your face and a darkness in your countenance because lets face it, this job stinks. Or, or the flip side, you could plop yourself down on your dirty kitchen floor to scrub it, and say, Lord, how can I honor you in even the most mundane of tasks? How can I make this floor cleaning session an act of worship to my Lord? And this is where the switch takes place. It's a shift in our thinking, and a committing of all our plans to the Lord, for His purposes. It is in this prayer, that we see God's will, align with it, and rest in it. Here was the climax for me friends, when I pray, and I pray in honesty to be in the center of His will, to ask for eyes to be opened to His plans, His purposes and His desires for me, I can see Him in the small tasks I have set before me. He chose me to be mother these children, with that, comes the tasks of the home. And the tasks of the home are an all encompassing job, which equates to an opportunity to worship God and bring glory to God ALOT! :) hahaha.

But in all seriousness, my calling, although it feels unnoticed by all, even if I'm painting the backside of a barn I can worship the Lord with my ATTITUDE.

Anyone ever smelled a stinky attitude? I have and it stinks real bad. It sends such a potent stench through the whole house, pretty soon it's attached itself to your once smell good husband and children and now everyone is suffering from the stench of your bad attitude. It's yucky, and just good breeds more good, so does bad breed more bad....So what type of attitude to I want to give birth to? I want the attitude of my home to peace, joy, and good smelling things. So, I clean my floors till they shine, and I have dinner made in time ( in a perfect world) :) and I can try and keep the Lord's purposes for me at the front of my mind, knowing that when my will is in align with His, my home can be the best it can be, and I am watching, waiting and listening for His calling for me. His purposes will be made known to me, when I am seeking them out in such way that it's my every breath and every beat of my heart. Every beat of my heart. This all just came clear to me in entirety this morning, and I feel refreshed, renewed and ready to clean my house with the passion of Christ, and mother my children with the purposes of His heart, not mine. Isn't it amazing the God makes known to US the purposes of HIS heart for us? Gods heart! Think on that today, or any day you start to feel like the job you are doing each day is either pointless or worthless. Asking to be in alignment with Christ's will for you will not only give your life direction, it will make sense of what seems confusing, pointless or uninteresting.


"Do you have any idea how many good works God has prepared for you? They are waiting for you to enter into as you walk in faith and trust and dependence upon Christ. The situations are there, ready and waiting for you to step into. This is what God has called you to. As you do so, you become a vivid display of the greatness and the glory of God". -Ray Stedman


I hope that encourages all of you, as it did me. Go! Give life to this statement within your own life and do give way to the lies of the enemy that your life is not worth very much. What you do, whatever it is, when it's done for Christ and in His name is beyond words. He is honored and glory is brought to His name, and that my friends is the greatest purpose of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment