About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Inner Peace


I recognize that this life is a process of learning, being taught new things constantly. What I did not realize is that this is exactly how the Holy Spirit works within us to open our eyes to Christ, His truths and point us to Christ more and more as we grow in our walk.

I heard it said that the Holy Spirit is like a "tour guide" and shows us all around the Bible, opening our eyes, showing us points of interest, hi lighting things that are applicable to us and then helping us find real ways to remember what we've learned. I know I see that as a testimony to the truth of that statement.. Two years ago, if I were to have read the things I am reading now in the book of John, it would have made no sense at all. In fact, I did at times read the passages I am currently reading (and being struck by every day) without a second though. My devotions and time spent with God were like a duty to me, a job I must do because that is what a good Christian must do. Not so now my friends.

There are those moments where finally, something gets you, something grabs hold of your hand and won't let you go, because it's your time to hear what the Holy Spirit has for you, ultimately, what the Father has for you. The Holy Spirit does the convicting, and points you the direction of the Father, from His word and then He gets all the glory, and you receive the inner peace that you have never before experienced.

This peace that I speak of can only be had one way, through the understanding that the Father is first of all fair, just and true, secondly, that He has your best interests at mind, and three, that anything else would pale in comparison to the plan of the Father.

It's relayed to me in this way from the book of John chapter 16:5-33. The Lord is telling his disciples that He is going to have to leave them "for a little while." In this statement He introduces an idea to them that is going to be very sorrowful for these disciples, who walked and talked with Jesus every day as I do, but only in the physical form. So the thought of not being able to be "with him" for a time, was heart wrenching. But it was only through this absence and time of grief that they would receive the ultimate gift of being able to be "with Him always" through the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately this was not information that they could really understand, and it wasn't until they believed on Him after His death and ascension, and received the Holy Spirit that they truly "got it." Had they not gone through the sorrowful time of life, they would not have learned the lessons they needed and life would not be as good as it was on the other side of the sorrow. They had to go through the storm, to appreciate the sun. Is any of this sounding like something that you personally could relate to? I know I can. I have had many storms in my life. I think in some way, I'm always sort of in some storm or another. Some storms are bigger than others and some are more painful, but I have learned this, the storm is necessary for the growth of faith, the growth of trust and now finally I'm getting the third dimension of the storm, and how to have peace when you there. Peace is defined as this friends, it's: Wholeness, completeness and security. Three adjectives that did not describe me even a couple of weeks ago. But I have discovered something huge...one of the things Jesus told His "children" or disciples before He "left" was they had the gift of being able to go the Father and ask for anything "in His name" and receive what ever they asked for. But what this means literally translated is that we say to the Lord, " Lord, Jesus wants me to have this." So, whatever we ask for, goes into through that filter and it makes a soul very careful about what the attach Jesus's name to. Today, I said this to the Lord..."Lord, Jesus wants me to have peace in my storm...I don't understand why sorrow is apart of my life, but whatever you Father are teaching me, I know that Jesus wants me to have peace while I'm here."

And as it turns out, He does want that for me. because no sooner did those words leave my lips did I feel the peace flood in. This is how God works friends. He gave us His Holy Spirit to direct us in places where we could learn the most, for what we are dealing with most, He then gives us the words, points us to the Father, we ask, and we are answered, and God gets the glory.

It's a perfect system, created by a perfect God, to be enjoyed, discovered and brought to life by imperfect people, and if nothing else, this puts the great love of Christ on display for all to see.

Without the sorrow of the cross, we would not have any of this. I don't know about you but today I find myself thanking my Father in heaven, even in the storm. What a lesson learned. Praise be to My Father.
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment