About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Monday, November 23, 2009

Goals.


Today, after my run, chatting with some people at the ymca, i came across a striking realization, not everyone thinks that goals and huge accomplishments are worthwhile.
Or, more so it's what the goals are.
I recently just read a book on a man who ran 50 marathons in 50 days, in 50 different states, i had the book on audio so that i could listen to it while running, and these past couple of weeks while listening and running, I've had some of my best runs ever. So inspiring to me.
To me, my running, my dreams keep me going each day. Paul speaks on running the race to completion and even though i know in many ways this was from a spiritual standpoint, it is also a rule that can applied to your physical life as well.
In this book i was so inspired by the way that the human body was designed for extreme tasks. Examples, God took the Israelites out into the desert where they walked around a desert for years. forty to be exact. (Exodus) He asked Sampson to kill i believe it was a 1000 men with a donkey's jawbone? (Judges 15)
and of course, David and Goliath.
I know we all have these mountains of goals that swirl around in our heads. What they look like change from person to person, but the goals remain.
I am tempted to get on my soap box and say, Everyone should try harder!!! but really, it's not the trying harder that helps us to complete our goals, yes, goal completion does take a fair amount of grit, determination and desire, but most of all, it's committing that goal to the Lord.
My running, is a form of glorifying my maker. one, because he made me with the ability to run, 2 because He desires my excellence. He created me to succeed and do the best i can do for Him. Excellence to me = fulfillment of goals by His standards. Not just my own.
So,
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."
Proverbs 16:3
And by commit, It means, lay before, ask for guidance, ask for His divine wisdom, and then examine your heart in your motives. The goals with human purpose behind them will soon be weeded out so that only His divine and heavenly goals will remain.
That was encouraging to me.
so if you run, run like the wind.

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn."
Psalm 18:32-36

No comments:

Post a Comment