About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Monday, November 16, 2009

Honesty


Being true. What does that mean to me today? Being the same person no matter who you are with..
speaking Christ's truth regardless of who you are speaking to, but most of all being honest with yourself.
Are you really who you say you are. I challenge myself with these thoughts today because i never want to become complacent in my faith. I always want to arise to the challenge. I want to be truthful, direct, loving and consist ant.
HE THAT WALKETH RIGHTEOUSLY, AND SPEAKETH UPRIGHTLY, HE THAT DESPISETH THE GAIN OF OPPRESSION, THAT SHAKETH HANDS FROM HOLDING OF BRIBES, THAT STOPPETH HIS EARS FROM HEARING OF BLOOD, AND SHUTTETH HIS EYES FROM SEEING EVIL, HE SHALL DWELL ON HIGH, HIS PLACE OF DEFENSE SHALL BE THE MUNITIONS OF ROCKS, BREAD SHALL BE GIVEN TO HIM AND HIS WATERS SHALL BE SURE. Isaiah 33:15-16
I have begun to have the thought, would it not be so amazing that if my default was righteousness and what i had to try to do was sin? rather than the other way around? i know that this is a lifelong quest and a never ending growth process, but isn't that better than becoming complacent because the goal appears unreachable?
I need not fear, I need only to be honest. Honest with Lord of my failures, desires and temptations, honest with others when i am not consistant, honest with myself that He is God and I am not. All i need to do, is bow my head, and follow His lead. At times it feels like then I am walking blind, but I believe that is better than knowing exactly where I am going. When it is Christ that I am walking blindly towards.
Because then, MY WATERS SHALL BE SURE. I am recognizing the importance of Christ needing to be in absolutely EVERYTHING that i do. If righteousness is to be my default, then i suppose that i am on a quest for holiness. and be as David, who "delights in the law." it is not of our nature to "delight in laws" rather we tend to follow the idea that "rules are meant to be broken." not true...because we are to "delight in the laws of the Lord.."
this is a lifelong quest I am on, but i would rather be here than anywhere else, because here it is honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment