About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, November 27, 2009

Joy Regardless.


This is a topic that i struggle with. one, simply for obvious reasons, and seconding because once i claim that, i must own it. Joy Regardless is a goal, it's a focus for the days to come.
It means exactly that. Regardless of each situation that i find myself in, i should, no i am called...to maintain an attitude of joy regardless.
I WILL REJOICE IN THE LORD, I WILL HAVE JOY IN THE GOD OF MY SALVATION. Habukkuk 3:18
What does this look like exactly. You might be sitting there reading these words with tears of sadness or heaviness of heart about a current situation or tragedy. I understand these things are most difficult to "smile" through. I don't always think that God call us to grin from ear to ear about our trials. No-one can humanly do this. Its more the steady constant peace, knowing that regardless, God can be in this. Thankfully we do not have to call on human powers to accomplish this seemingly impossible goal. We have the Lord to supply us with not only the fill, but the desire to have joy. I am by my human nature, not one who naturally rejoices in the face of trials. My husband is by far one of the more optimistic people i have ever met. We had a conversation on this topic on the way home from all of our thanksgiving festivities...
When something negative surfaces (and I'm not talking about pimples) instead of looking at God and shaking his fist, he merely muses that the situation stinks but then says, well, "my one leg might hurt, but at least the other one does not.."
WOW. is all i can say to that. because if only that were my response with all my daily trivial trials, perhaps i could begin to see life this way more instinctively.
God calls us to this standard.
"THEY THAT SOW IN TEARS SHALL REAP IN JOY. HE THAT GOETHE FORTH AND WEEPETH, BEARING PRECIOUS SEED, SHALL DOUBTLESS COME AGAIN WITH REJOICING BRING HIS SHEAVES WITH HIM."
-psalm 126:5-6
Do you know what this says to me? You who have sorrow, there is joy in the wings. We only need to reach, wait and really, tap into it.
Asking God for this joy and this ability to be joyful is really ALL that we can do.
And really what this really reveals is a trust in Him. A trust that He can calm the raging the sea. Pull the blind up to their feet, and fill the arms of the barren. It might not be in the time we think, or the fullness that we expect, but we know this, that we can be safe in His arms.
Trust, Safety, to me = joy regardless. And let me tell you friends.. oh how i trust Him because anything else in the world will not hold you for more than a few moments. Stepping out onto the water is one of the most beautifully frightening moments one might ever face, but do you know what you find when you do step out? He's there. His strong, carpenter strong, hands are there waiting to grasp onto your shaking, white and cold hands. Not only does he replace fear with trust, His warmth leads to the joy and peace that passes all understanding.
So in my moments of fear when i doubt he's actually standing there in the raging waves of dark dark sea, i take the breath of Christ deep into my lungs, and i step. no, i jump. And then friends, i am caught, caught up in Him and His joy.
I may be in darkness, but i am held, safe, trusting and joyful..
may this be true for you as well.
You are loved, and you are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment