About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Monday, November 9, 2009

Weary.


COME TO ME, ALL YOU WHO ARE WEARY AND BURDENED AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST. MATTHEW

Today, i awoke weary. I am not coming here to complain, merely to share the feelings that i know every mom, (or even non-mom) feels.
It's that feeling the weight of the word is upon your shoulders.
My only thought is why? what causes me to become so worn down?
And then it hit me.
THIS WORLD IS NOT MY HOME.
And really, for that i am thankful, but that explains to me why i can never quite feel like i can hang my hat on the wall and say, "there, this place feels just perfect."
My home, feels like home, it feels nice, warm and (sometimes clean) but to say, "this is it, I've arrived..i need nothing more" well, i have yet to reach that place.
I am not talking about contentment or decor within my home, because i do not want for more within these walls.
It's the peace of knowing i have reached my final destination that i cannot feel just yet.
So when i have a bad day i remind myself, it's hard to feel totally at peace when you are not totally in peace.
I pray i will continue to grow in my knowledge of Christ, so that He permeates my every corner a little bit more each day, month and year. That is my prayer, and i know with that peace will expand as well...
Somehow i find rest in that knowledge, i cannot feel home, because i am NOT home.

"ENCOURAGE THE EXHAUSTED, AND STRENGTHEN THE FEEBLE. SAY TO THOSE WITH ANXIOUS HEART, "TAKE COURAGE, FEAR NOT. BEHOLD, YOUR GOD WILL COME."
-ISAIAH 35:3-4

your God will come. What a promise. Thank-you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment