About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, November 19, 2009

HOPE


Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, My help and my God. Psalm 42:5

Good days come, bad days come, but what keeps me hopefull? for most of my life it was the next big event, something that i could get excited about. you know, the excitement and "hope" for the unknown adventures of youth. today though, when life seems to stand still some days, and as i always joke with my husband, "it feels like ground-hogs day.." because of the sameness each day holds.
So i began to wonder why is it that i can still have such hope for the days to come? I do try and do interesting things with my children each day, even if its something as small as baking cookies for the police station just so we can go and see something new! but that is not really what gives me hope.
WHEN THEY SEE ME WAITING, EXPECTING YOUR WORD, THOSE WHO FEAR YOU WILL TAKE HEART AND BE GLAD. Psalm 119:74
And then today it hit me. Those around me need to be encouraged of His hope as well as I do.
O LORD!!! YOU ALONE ARE MY HOPE!!! I'VE TRUSTED YOU O LORD FROM CHILDHOOD. Psalm 71:5
Maybe i have not always trust Him from childhood as i should have, but i certainly am now, because He is my hope.
So when the sky turns grey, and the tides shift, we truly do have one thing that stays true. Now, life is good, fun and wonderful many days. But the reality is always there, that there is something bigger going on here, God has work to be done still and we are after-all, not only his handiwork, but also his tools. That is where my hope is. Not only was I hand crafted, i am also held. Held and hopefully usable. So in order to remain usable, i have to remain in HIM. Because in His hands, there is Hope, there is hope for joy in my day, hope for being used for His greater purposes and hope for the eternity that i will spend with Him when His work has been completed on me. what a beautiful cycle.
Somewhere from deep within me, a lie is whispered.."doesn't that sound like alot of work to do, to simply be?" If simply being, was all i was interested in doing, then yes, that would be alot of work. But i don't want to just be, i want to BE USED! i want to learn, grow, be strengthened, thrive and ultimately be who GOD WANTS ME TO BE. Hope. yes. we can live in Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment