About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, November 22, 2009

His Thoughts


SET YOUR MIND ON THINGS ABOVE, NOT ON THINGS ON THE EARTH. Colossions 3:2

As a believer who is striving to always DO what is right to honor my heavenly Father, not because it's what I SHOULD do, but because i know it will PLEASE Him whom i serve. It's like folding your husbands shirts a certain way, not because it's what you need to do, but because you know it's going to make him feel like you care, honor him and desire to do your very best to please him as his wife.
So it is with my heavenly Father.
But today something occured to me as intense as a flash of lightening, while reading my devotional. It's one thing to have pure ACTIONS but it's an entirely different thing to have pure THOUGHTS. No-one sees or hears my thoughts unless i choose to voice them, i felt a sinking feeling in my stomach because of all of the thoughts i have had over the years.
My only saving grace and sanity is this, i know i will never reach a place of having every one of my thoughts be perfect but i can daily lay my thought life down before the Lord. and also being sensitive to the "starter" or "mother" thoughts. The thoughts that give birth to more evil thoughts and eventually lead to actions.
Starting each day not with the idea that I'm going to "try" my hardest to be perfect today, but to simply lay my very day beginning thoughts before the Lord.
He already knows my imperfections, but calls me to rise above the norms of today to show Him my adoration and respect.
But for me the underlining issue is not that I have to do this on my own. What God calls me to, He will also provide me the means in which to do it. If you want pure thoughts, they are available to you. You are not under any obligation to have bad or impure thoughts. And by impure, i mean anything that is contrary to Christ, How mad i might be at my kids for messing up my day by not taking their appropriate naps. (yeah, that's a real thought of mine. yuck.)
But the joy, the beauty and the peace that this story is wrapped in, is this, My God, is mighty to save, refresh and renew and He does each and every day. His knowledge of my not being perfect though is not a reason to go on sinning. NO. now, that i have knowledge of Christ, I strive, I must, rise above. My King calls me excellence because He created me to be the best that I can be to bring Him the most glory. Think about how proud your sports team coach was when you gave it your all, or your piano teacher was when you absolutely nailed that song because of all the good, sound, hard work you put into it. That is my desire.
WE PULL DOWN EVERY PROUD OBSTACLE THAT IS RAISED AGAINST THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD; WE TAKE EVERY THOUGHT CAPTIVE AND MAKE IT OBEDIENT TO CHRIST. 2 Corinthians 10:5
Not because i should, but because if i don't, I'm missing out the excellence that God has made available to me because of His beauty, design and great plans.
That is His thoughts, would be my thoughts, this is my great destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment