About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, December 11, 2009

Asking for the right things


Today in my Bible study, I was begging the Lord to meet me where I am today.
With all of the uncertainties of life, we tend to ask for exactly what we want, praying and hoping it's in line with God's will for us. It's a new concept of thinking, asking for things within His will doesn't always seem to be what I WANT to ask for.
Don't get me wrong, my greatest DESIRE is to be inside of His plan for me, but I'm finding myself wishing that His plan looked a little bit more like MY plan.
I keep finding places where God is gently telling me to be patient, "Let God be God..." so to speak. A difficult thing to hear at times.
So this has been be ongoing quest and what I daily strive for. However actually remaining faithful in my striving has been hard.
But moment by moment I give my worries, stresses and desires over to the Lord and in those moments I am experiencing more and more peace.
"I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry."
Psalm 40:1
"Let us lay aside every weight and the sin which son easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us."
Hebrews 12:1

I love it when He uses race analogies because this is truly something I can related to. All runners at some point during their run hit "the wall." That place where you feel like someone replaced your super light racing shoes with ones made of cement and you absolutely cannot take one more step. But, if you are a runner, you do, you absolutely do take that next step and before you know it, your mileage has been completed and the confidence of success and completion fills your lungs, body and soul..
So it with my heavenly "run" (usually the word "walk" is used in this example, but I prefer run.)
I have many days that I clip along feeling so much peace and then, watch out friends, The WALL hits. And when it does I most assuredly falter, sometimes it's only slightly and sometimes it's such a huge wall I actually stop all together for a bit.
So, to bring you back to where my heart is today I came across these verses, prayers of David once again, where he is desperately crying out to God to save Him, come to aid, rescue him from his great and might foes. But it's WHAT he prays for in that moment that hit me, listen to what He asks for..
"From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint. LEAD ME TO THE ROCK THAT IS HIGHER THAN I..."
and
"MAY HE BE ENTHRONED IN GOD PRESENCE FOREVER, APPOINT YOUR LOVE AND FAITHFULNESS TO PROTECT HIM...Psalm 61: 2 & 7

He #1 asked for Christ's leadership, His ultimated direction, and then for faithfulness, love and most of all, to be in His presence.
IS THAT WHAT I'M ASKING FOR? Or am I just asking Him to solve my "problems?" heal my diseases and fix my "woes."
Now asking for healing and help is not wrong, but if that is all I'm ever asking for, am I really asking for the right things.
This is what I am stewing on today and I know that He will answer me, He already did slightly today with these words of David's that so pricked my heart.
It reminds me off the song "Better is one day in your house..." and the lyrics go a little something like this:

How lovely is Your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty
For my soul longs and even faints for You
For here my heart is satisfied within Your Presence
I sing beneath the shadow of Your wings
Better is one day in Your courts
Better is one day in Your house
Better is one day in Your courts
Than thousands elsewhere
One thing I ask and I would seek To see Your beauty
To find You in the place Your Glory dwells
My heart and flesh cry out For You the Living God
Your Spirit waters to my soul
I've tasted and I've seen Come once again to me
I will draw near to You
I will draw near to You, to You

No comments:

Post a Comment