About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Waiting for His promises


"If you believe you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.."
Matthew 21:22

I'm sure every soul has read this verse and found comfort in it's words, as I did. This morning I was pleading with the Lord for a "sign" and word, a verse of encouragement for my discouraged heart. Then it sort of hit me, all over the passages I was pouring over were lines and lines filled with statements like, "and what He said was fullfilled.." "what He said became true.."
Which prompted the thought, WHEN HE SAYS IT "WILL BE" then my friends, "IT WILL BE."
End of story. Now, "it" may not happen on your own timeline, (my own) but it will happen in His devine time. And really for that I am thankful. For if I could make something "be" sooner than it ought to "be" then wouldn't that put me in the place as God? I don't want that kind of power or even assume that I have the power to alter or change His plans to fit something more look-a-like to my design.
God's plan is bigger than ours, it fills the vast empty spaces that we do not even know exist and for of those of you who find what I just said confusing, compare it to this story..
Young girl, unmarried, and pregnant, she's engaged, but she's a virgin, and yes, she is pregnant. Do think this sounds like something man would desire? Not under normal circumstances. :)
But this girl, prayed, was visited by an angel and was encouraged that this was not a man sized situation. This was God sized. God planned, and God driven. If this woman had figured out a way to terminate her pregnancy, OH what she would have done. This is why taking things into our own hands generally never seem to result in the ending we were praying for.
We may be good intentioned, however, good intentions did not save the world of sin, God saved the world from their sins and this small, young, virgin girl, whom God promised great things, came through and gave birth to His ultimate plan.
This God we serve is quite concerned with us, contrary to popular opinion, He is not "sitting on His footstool" as we endure Job like pain. He cares for us and just as He sent an angel to calm sweet Mary's fears, so He did and does for you, and for me.
So when God says to you, " Friend, it will be.." believe Him, because as the story goes, Mary gave birth to a son, who in the end, saved the world from sin, you, me and her. Saying No, or "I don't believe you.." to His plans results in chios for us, because we are living in constant distrust. So I must choose to trust Him and trust in His plans for me.
What would I do anyways if I decided to follow my own way? I would be even more lost, at least now, when I tremble, I have strong arms to hold me, when I question I have strong words to answer me, when I stumble, I have a carpenters hands to help me back up and when I cry, I have hosts of angel wiping away my tears. Each time I open His word, it's His words that save me that very moment, drawing me in, wrapping me up and lifting me to a standing position once more, so that I may, lift my head and "walk down this mountain with my head held high." Listen to my (SONG)
*click on song.

No comments:

Post a Comment