About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I hear you


You the scenario: your late, your busy and there in front of you stands "the talker." The person who really wants to tell you just one more thing, they are not in a hurry, they do not have plans, and they really want to be heard.
I was stunned by how many talkers there are in my small world...
I have had this feeling for quite some time where God has been prompting me to "just listen" more and speak less,
Reminded me of the verse.."My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry" James 1:19
I find it interesting that He doesn't say, "be quick to listen, (if your not too busy, if you have nowhere else to be, if your kids are not screaming, if you your not an impatient person..)
This is how I act, how I seem to think the verse reads. I was reminded again of this today as several people, ( and i really do mean several) people stopped me on the way to the treadmills at the gym, in the weight room and as i was trying to pack the kids up to leave, and each time I was patient for about 20 seconds before i made some comment about how I had to hurry up and get on with what i was doing, sadly leaving my "hoping to be heards.." behind me.
Let this resound in your ears.."Wisdom is proved right by her actions..." Matthew 11:19b
It is one things to claim Christ, but to BE Christ to others is quite another thing all together. I'm astounded by how many opportunities i have in any given day to BE a glimpse of Christ to others and it pains my heart at the opportunities i pass up for the sake of time.
If we are to BE Christ to others, we also cannot give what we do not have. In other words, i need to glean from Christ so that I have some grain to GIVE out throughout my day, if i am empty, my attempts at giving will be empty as well.
Thank-you to My Father in Heaven who every morning says to me, "Come to me, all you
who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest.." Matt. 11:28
And for those of you who haven't caught on yet, I missed my "first thing this morning" time with Him, which led to my, "I'm too busy to hear you.." episodes, even though He gave me a few opportunities, I thought to myself, and said to Him, "surely, not me Lord?" Is that not the resounding question throughout all of the Bibles doubters? Jonah, Judas, Moses, Sarah and Abraham?
The truth is, we all doubt, we all question and without Christ, we are all weak.
May this inspire your heart to seek, learn and listen, and in the end, BE Him to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment