About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Faithful Man


"Many a man claim to have unfailing love, but a faithful man, who can find?"
Prov. 20:6
I am learning what it means to be faithful. Faithful in my thoughts, words and actions.
I understand the concept of being faithful to my husband in my thoughts, words and deeds, however faithfulness for life over-all, this tends to be a little more challenging.
Going back to the truth that if you thought it, and dwelled upon that thought for any amount of time, based on what the Bible says, I might as well have done it.
I want this faithfulness that is talked about above because I do not want to be a hypocrite and dishonor the name of Christ by doing so.
And by being a hypocrite I mean this, if with my mouth I am saying this, "Joshua, you are the sweetest boy in the whole world..." and with my mind I am screaming, "I am so mad at you right now, I'd like to jump off a cliff."
Well, those two statements, both mind and mouth do not line up, therefore proving me to be a hypocrite.
This faithfulness is not something that I can attain on my own and reach with my own ability to be able to learn.
I am asking the Lord to supply me with what I know I will never grasp on my own. I am His child, and just as I desire to teach my children the things that they ask to learn, so does He with me...
Matthew 7:11
If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!
This goes back to my post on "asking for the right things.."
I feel like it has been a gradual lesson for me to learn what to ask for, and now I'm adding "faithfulness" to my long list of attributes I'd like to one day posses.
Because as our Lord tells us in His word...
"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander." Matt 15:19
Those attributes, the bad ones, those are the ones I come by naturally. And as you can see they are the polar opposite of what I want, because of the fall, man is now evil as a result of our own doing. I was reminded of the statement that God told Adam and Eve that "we would surly die" if we ate from the "tree of good and evil." But we didn't die. God spared us. He had mercy on us, and instead of death He gave us a second chance, but it would not be a second chance in the garden, it was to be a second chance with a tougher life. But in my mind, that was a better deal than sudden death. I wanted to share that those thoughts because with the listing of what "attributes.." we can now claim as ours, (the bad ones) I did not want anyone to get the idea that because of that God is not fair or good. He is more than fair, He is a God of second chances, and the most Faithful being I know. Which is why, I am seeking to learn "faithfulness" from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment