About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Seeing God in the Little things


There are things throughout each day that reveal to me how much He looks out for me, and cares for my needs.
Things that my heart desires that no-one really could know except for Him. Now, those who do not give credit to God for these things often call them, "good luck" or "chance.." they may say, "well, what a coincidence.."
Not me Friends. I look at these things and say, "there is a little promise from my Father." It makes me pay attention more when I am looking for His fingerprints all over my daily life.
A small example is this. Today, I skipped my morning run, (which, for those of you who know me, it pretty earth-shattering.) due to a sore throat and just feeling worn down. So, what do i do? Naturally i go to the most relaxing place i can think of. Walmart. HA!
Of course, it's chaos there, and i almost got hit a few times by carts, cars and people. :)
However, with my now two delightfully crabby screaming children, (who are sent by God to bring joy to my life and love very very much) hhehhe.
we exit the store. I dream of a late'. However, due to respecting my Husbands wishes of not spending to much $ on coffee, i politely decline my great desire, and head home, screaming children intact.
Did i mention it's quite cold out? ( i lost my mittens)
*for the sake of randomness, you may now say, "you naughty kitten."
ANYWAYS....
I arrive home, feeling not any more relaxed then when i left, and actually a little frazzled. I just get in and get coats off when I hear a knock at my door. Instantly my eyes well up with tears as i open the door to find my "Jesus with skin on friend," Katie who hands me my Vente Starbucks double shot, just the way i like it.
Do you know how this feels? to be so blessed by someones kindness? when they, the giver, are just being obedient to God's prompting? I always said it's better to give then to receive, but let me tell you, at times my friends, it feels good to receive as well. So let this be a lesson to those of you who think your acts of kindness go un-noticed. Not only do they most definitely NOT go un-noticed, they may change the course of someones day, week or life.
So don't hesitate when God lays someone on your heart to be kind too...JUMP...ACT and you will bless someone abundantly, and how amazing that God allows YOU to be apart of someone else's "God moment" for the day.
SO, Thank you sweet, friend of mine, for being my Jesus with skin on, and reminding me that yes indeed, God cares for even my most tiny needs.

"SO IN EVERYTHING, DO TO OTHERS WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO TO YOU, FOR THIS SUMS UP THE LAW OF THE PROPHETS." Matt. 7:12

No comments:

Post a Comment