About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The way God speaks


Every day, I feel as though He tells me something new that I need to work on. I say that not because I discouraged, but because it feels so amazing that the things I am so blinded to, Christ gently, carefully, handles and shows me.
He holds me like a broken egg shell..I just love that picture, He's so gentle as not to break me more, but gently helps and puts the pieces back together. Kinda like humpty dumpty. Only this time, He can fix me, and make me whole again.
We were by nature brought into this world, broken and seemingly unfixable. But God knows our brokenness and delights in any soul who desires to approach the throne, looking for fixing.
So here i stand, at the feet of the great physic an and each day, he helps put me back together and little bit more, until the day He finally takes me home and I can be completely whole.
"Surely, you desire truth in the inner parts, you teach me wisdom in the inmost place." Psalm 51:6

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit and a contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." Psalm 51:17

I was just reminded today of how much better it is to be in His hands that the hands of comforts that the world offers us. The world can sell us all kinds of beauty, and things that look like peace, but in they end, they bite like a snake. Trusting in humans for our safety will never amount to an end full of joy.
People do not mean to hurt, (for the most part) but in the end we are all selfish and looking out for our own best interests. Somber, but true. And a world where it's "every man for himself.." i long for something different.
I long for something safe, eternal and whole.
And i discovered a couple of years ago, If he's not allowed into every area of our lives, than we are just living halfway. half of the joy, half of the peace and half of the contentment, which means, we feel it from time to time, but then those same old feelings creep back in. Discontentment and not being at peace with oneself is as bad as being in a cutthroat battle, because we truly are our own worst enemies. We stack the odds up against ourselves so high that no human could ever know down or break through. Back to humpty dumpty.
This is where my Savior came in, He stopped in front of my broken spirit, heart and body and picked up each piece gently, placing them one by one, back where they belong. He put my goals, motives, and desires where they belong, showed me how to fix them. Put my thoughts back in order..and most of all, He fixed my heart. He sewed in back together in such a way that it longed more for Christ than it longed for anything else. And that is exactly how i want it to stay, and until He brings me HOME, i pray i can stay open to His gentle, physicians hands.
May you have peace today, know that you are in the best Dr. hands that has ever been.
All you have to do is accept the invitation to be fixed...I did accept that invite, and i am so glad i did.

No comments:

Post a Comment