About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Faithful


In lieu of thanksgiving, I have been thinking about thankfulness, what it looks like, and how I view it.
I am thankful for the small things that the Lord places in my life each day, good days, smiles from my sweet babies, gifts of good rest, and time to be with my children like I have..
Those are the small scale, but am I thankful for the unseen? Thankful for the things He protects me from, provides for me and the things that are so normal, I simply forget to count them as blessings? (and so being unseen to me)
Things like, my Husband for one..or the gift of the little lives and I am blessed to mother every single day?
All morning I was just trying to "sit down for 2 seconds" and read my devotions, but my children were not going to have it. And it was as if He said, "Glorify me, and praise me with the time you spend with children." so I took that in human terms as "Stop yelling at your babies to be quiet and go make a joyful noise with them."
SO I did. And we still got the gym on time. Imagine that.
Which made me realize on a very small scale, just how faithful my Father is..

"Father I can't explain this kind of love, this kind of grace
I know, I still break your heart and yet you run to welcome me.
This is my song of praise to you
For who you are and all that you do
from the moment my life began, you have been faithful"

Lyrics from a song I just love called suitably, "Faithful Father."
Now, back to the things I cannot see, or fail to see. Things like, "His timing." And "His Plans." Many things in this life do not make sense, and I often fail to reflect upon the things that are not happening, or how much worse things could be.
His blessing, His faithful hands are always on those who call Him "Abba, Father." Which in my mind translates to "Daddy."
"Daddy" on my lips by my own definition means, "The man you look up to as the earthly representation of who Christ is to us spiritually."
And when I think of my own earthly "Daddy." I can think only of a man who spent countless hours working so hard to provide things for his children, so many things that I will never even know to be thankful for. Big things, like "how much did that bike cost.." or "why we always had enough food on our table."
If times were hard, he never let us know. He just faithfully provided.
So it is with our heavenly Father. Now, times are not hard for Christ like they may be for our earthly fathers, but He provides just the same. Being able to see the grander picture, much like when we are small children, unable to see beyond today, our parents provide what we need, not always what we want. So it is with Christ.
So this time of my life I am trying to wrap my mind around one thing, "thankful for the unseen."
This is my song of praise to you
for who you are and all that you do
From the moment the world began
You have been faithful...

Thank you Jesus. Amen...

No comments:

Post a Comment