About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Year..


This morning, while talking with the Lord, I had the thought that, "Man! I should be getting this stuff by now, not worrying about the future, not complaining about the present, or missing the blessings I have in front of me because I'm distracted by my frustrations.

It's just amazing to me how many times I can learn a certain lesson and still not quite "get it." So today the Lord says to me,
"I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, open wide your mouth and I will fill it." Psalms 81:10


Of course this comes on the wings of the children of Israel walking around in the desert, complaining even about their new found freedom. Sometimes, we stay in our chains because we at least know what to expect. Do you hear what I am getting at here? The old is comfortable, it's the new and the uncertain, "give it up to God" type situations that are scary to us. We are more comfortable in our ruts, even if those ruts bring us pain, at least we know the pain we are to expect. When we step out of the rut, what if something new hurts us and blind sides us? But really friends, the ruts are the same every day, and no real growth can take place in our ruts. I've heard it said that "if you do what you've always done, you will get what you have always got."

And God calls us to leave the past behind us, pick up our crosses, and follow him, out of our comfort of "normal."

No more walking around in circles, He gave you gifts! He gave you abilities! He offers you freedom! And I am waisting away in a desert land because my plans, are not working out as i'd like them to. I truly am learning, my plans, are not always GODs plans. "A man makes his plans, but the Lord determines His steps..." Proverbs..

But do you know what my friends? I'm OK with this. I'm learning here slowly, that when I feel the most peace, contentment, and joy, is when I'm in the place I just described. This way is so contrary to the flesh, we desire to drive, pilot and control our lives whichever way WE desire. I know because I've lived in this place for a very large portion of my life. But listen, just as our children kick and scream to put their coats on, because they "don't like wearing them," and we as parents know that because it's 20 below out, they are going to want their coats! So it is with our Father, we kick and scream and say "NO GOD! I do not like that path! That road has bumps! It's not that nice of scenery! so on and so on.." He knows that "this" road is in the long run better than "that" road. HE sees the pain ahead of us, and the unknown difficulties if we take "our road."
So, instead of listing a whole bunch of "fix your life now" type new years resolutions, ask the Lord to do the fixing, and walk in the way He directs you. Ask Him! Seek Him! Look and you WILL find.

May this be the year the journey really begins for you and for me, as God pilots all we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment