About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Monday, December 14, 2009

How He LOVES us



TURN YOUR BACK ON SIN, DO SOMETHING GOOD, EMBRACE PEACE, DON'T LET IT GET AWAY!
Psalms 34:14
I was driving to the gym this morning and this song (click on song to hear)came on the radio, the very first words of the song hit my very soul...
"loves like a hurricane.."
This picture of Myself is when the winds began to blow. I was in the hospital in pre-term labor with Annie. The wind felt intense, but look at where He is leading me now..read on for the promises of His hope.
Have you ever been in a hurricane? or at least seen the movie "twister.."
Hurricanes blow and shower rain, so intensely that houses are knocked to the ground. This is the intensity of His love for us.
May that resonate in your soul today as it did mine.
The verse above was something that stood out to me in my daily reading because to really embrace love, and peace, His love, His peace, we must leave our sin's behind us...
something I am daily seeking to do more and more, lay down my own selfish desires and knowing that as I do, peace floods in, as does ability to feel the hurricane of His love.
I have felt that hurricane this song speaks of...and yet, I still find ways to say No to God, and somehow thinking I will find peace running my own life. Not so my friends.
"ONE THING GOD HAS SPOKEN, TWO THINGS I HAVE HEARD, THAT YOU, O GOD ARE STRONG, AND THAT YOU, O LORD ARE LOVING."
Psalm 62:11
"My soul finds rest in God alone, my salvation comes from Him, He alone is my rock and my salvation, He is my fortress, I will never be shaken."
Psalm 62:1,2
I may "feel" shaken at times in the life, but wouldn't I rather feel the shake from His hurricane of love, as opposed to the "shakiness" of this world? There are times that Satan tempts me and says, "Did God really say that was wrong?" or, "you can do this one on your own, after all, you know yourself better and what you need that...better than God probably."
For a few moments, I might try and believe the "you know better" lie, but as soon as I put it in my mouth I am forced to spit it back out, it doesn't taste good and never should.
So when life shakes you, embrace it as God's winds of love, directing you, moving you, pushing you forward to better grounds. His love is tender, strong and big all at the same time. Never harming, only surrounding and inspiring growth. An everlasting invitation to bend in ways you did not know you could. Never breaking, or over bending, because He is in control of those winds.
So don't be afraid of a little bending, even if it feels uncomfortable.
These words are for me, and hopefully inspiring to you as well. With the acceptance of his loving hurricanes, we invite in all kinds of peace, contentment and eternal satisfaction in Christ.
And what sometimes feels like devastation after a hurricane hits, leaves room for new growth, and new plans..
"plans to prosper and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and future.." Jer. 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment