About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, January 8, 2010

Answers


At times, i am dumbfounded by all of the "unanswered" questions that people pose of God, who He is, and what role does He "really" play in our lives. And i say "unanswered" because of the places that we look for the answers are often the wrong places entirely, we are in the wrong chapter, of the wrong book. Fingers get pointed and feelings are crushed before words are even completely out of peoples mouths. Christ calls us to be "slow to speak, quick to listen and slow to become angry.."
And I wonder, do I really do this?
If someone is questioning God, and their faith, and their belief is unsure, what do i do? With the knowledge that God knows all, plans all for the good of those who seek Him..I have to think that He also knows that these conversations are going to take place. Here is where I struggle..when a person opposite you states something so contradictory to what you know to be true..what do you do? Do you speak in boldness Christ's words? At times, but God tells us not to "throw our pearls to swine.." because it falls on deaf ears. So i can only come to one conclusion, listen always, speak when you must and pray continually. It's such a temptation of mine to want to try and change, fix and make the whole world into passionate Christ following people. But I also know that this is not my job to take on all the lost peoples of the world. God is so gracious and speaks to my heart, when and where i need to speak and what i need to say. The frustrating thing, is that I want others to experience His great mercies, joys and peace that He offers to us freely. Instead many people (and i was there once also) decide that it's too much work, and that they just don't have the time. Not allowing my frustrations to show in this is key. I don't think that Jesus's disciples went off and said, "Man Jesus, I'm so mad at all those people, they threw rocks at me and tried to kill me cuz i talked about you to much." No, they gave their message, and if it was not received, Christ calls us to shake the dust off our feet and leave that city to go to place where peoples hearts are ready. Unless one is looking for intense controversy, one does not usually stomp into a place of opposing opinion and loudly tell all that "they are wrong." Mobs break out, and injury and death occur in these circumstances.
However, where i always struggle is this, that the ways of Christ are real, and these days we face ahead of us our treacherous, and doing it all by ourselves? I can't fathom. Christ has given us as believers the keys to the kingdom of heaven and are we to just sit out hands and patiently wait and watch as others perish with no hope of life after death in Christ?
This life is not all we have, I want to yell this at times. There is so much more and we are so preoccupied with the Paris Hilton type life that we cannot see beyond tomorrow.
I have been there. That exact place. It stunk like garbage and the more Christ reveled to me who He is to be to me, and all the ways my life is to be about Him, I recognized and finally smelled the stench. But back to my original thoughts, to woo others to Christ, one does not yell, tirade and push their way into other's hearts, it's done step by step...quietly and in love, coupled with His greatness and needs to be feared.
I actually started this blog earlier today, not really knowing why I needed to write it, sometimes i struggle with these thoughts but most of the time I'm at peace. It was confirmed to me just now that i needed to post it, and trust that my words are His.
SO when in doubt, rest in Him, His words, and His confirmation of His truths, in our lives, and through that may others questions, be answered. God bless your journey, wherever you are at in this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment