About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Quietly Serving


I have always liked being an entertainer, to make a big, loud, exciting entrance is fun for me, which of course is why I LOVED being a bride. hahha. But in reality, the quiet moments are where we opportunities to offer the Lord great honor and praise...
I would like to think that standing up in front of multitudes is the epitome of if all, loudly proclaiming Christ and doing it in a place where there are the most people. Now not putting down big names like Billy Gram and others in his class, there is most definitely a place for that, but the average person, is not Billy Gram and we can be called to serve Him more quietly.
Ray Stedman gave this quote this morning that I just really identified with and here it is..
"God says, "You can serve me in the quiet of your home and by the gentle, sweet spirit that you display in the midst of pressures and problems. You have done more to advance the kingdom of God than those who get out and proclaim the word on public address systems everywhere." That is the way God sees life."
Now for me this is both encouraging and disheartening all at the same time, one because I can still actively serve Him at this stage in my life, but also difficult because in your home and by yourself and your children is where one tends to "screw up" the most and be the most human. I will tell you this one thing, and that is that it really does make me think about being more conscious and aware of my attitude when I am in my four walls, serving my family.
I want my attitude to be one of praise, sacrifice and worship, and although I recognize perfection is not something that I will attain in this life, give God my best is something I can definitely strive for each day.
The temptation is to really lay it all out there, tell the world, say "WORLD, this is me!" And in doing so thinking I am honoring the Lord better, but by just simply keeping in between the Lord, myself and few closest to me I am able to whisper my praises...using my testimony to the multitudes may not be my calling right now.
If I am asked, I share, but otherwise I make my personal struggles at home and in my heart a sacrifice to Him, that hopefully honors Him, as i endure them patiently and without complain. Easier said that done friends.
Case and point, yesterday. Not a good day in terms of honoring the Lord. I complained and whined all day to Him, and then when my husband came home, I complained and whined to him all night. ( I sound like such a peach don't I?) :)
Anyways, the Lord revealed to me this morning that my attitude that I had developed was less than desirable and that if I really wanted to offer Him the glory I say I do, than I had better shape up. (OK, so He didn't literally say, "shape up" but it was rather close to that.
But then after He gently confronted me, He then told me this,
" There is surly a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off." Prov. 23:18
This is what I love about the God I serve, He may not say, "I'm going to fix it all now for you," but He does say, "I have a future hope for you, and I know when that is..."
So to sum it up and pull this all together, when I live my testimony out at home, and honor Him regardless of what my flesh would like to do, He reminds me of His great promises that make it a litle easier to worship while i'm waiting. And in turn, my worshiping is a gift back to Him, because my worshipful waiting is giving Him the attitude of praise He desires...(hypatheicly speaking, mind you.) :)
I had the thought that it would actually be easier to come forth to all and say, "woe is me, I have this struggle in life.." but then I might begin to lean upon human support rather than God's support. And that is why it is good to have few close friends, or for me, my husband that I can say, "pray with me.."
So my ministry although incredibly small in my eyes, is the one I can whole-heatedly serve in until He calls me to something else. I am most days delighted with my ministry, although it is ever challenging me and alot of days, leaves me feeling half-dead. :) I again, take that as the challenge to have God fill me even more. After all, My God does not give me a ministry to serve in and then leave me empty of resources. No friends, He always provides...
So remember than when we feel small my friends, when your ministry goes seemingly unnoticed and your acts of kindness, unthanked for. They are seen, and the Savior feels the honor you bring him. If He has been glorified, your ministry has been a success. Take hearts fellow workers, the Kingdom purposes are not seen by the eyes of man, but God, and that is all we need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment