About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Monday, January 18, 2010

Marriage


Today is your wedding day. You are beautiful and the other, most dashing. You walk down the isle, tears streaming down your face, knowing this is it, this is the day your life begins, as a wife.
Oh how i remember those feelings, the flood of emotion. However, when the music fades and emotions are all dried up, what does one do? You made vows that rang the tune of "for better or for worse" but this problem the two of you are facing, now this does not seem to be "normal." There's no way "God" would want the two of you together if you are fighting this much. Have you whispered these words in your heart before. I know I have.
Let me let you in on what God can do to a marriage in this place. He Designed marriage is such a way that only this verse could describe...see here:
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." So they are no longer two, but one (Mark 10:7-8).
One Flesh. A flesh cannot separate and be two can it? This is how closely knit we are to be to our spouse. There are days that my marriage represents this one-ness and days where I fail miserably. I recognize the moments where in my heart begins to focus more upon my own desires, my own needs and passions rather than trying to understand my husband. Understanding your husbands point of view is most crucial is becoming one. He may say "this," and mean "this" to him, but comes out sounding like "that" to you, and "that" is not what you like. I know you have been there as much as I, ( or maybe I'm worse than the rest of you, which is probably quite likely) but either way, you know what i speak of here. It's the moment where fire literally burns in your heart and heat rises into your face, your neck and chest. you can't speak, your can't breath because he just said, "this." And you are about to give him your side. STOP. Wives, just STOP. Take that breath your lungs need. And Remember, God has given you this man, and he is human yes, but this man loves you and would not do anything to harm you. Try and remember in the sharpness of your disagreement that if you go back him with your "that," the oneness gets broken down just a little bit more.
This used to be my life, it felt that not a day went by when my husband and I would not find ourselves in some type of disagreement. And at the root of it all was that God and I were not One as we should be. You see, Christ was my first husband..at least that's what the scriptures tell me here:
Psalm 45:10-11 Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear: Forget also thine own people, and thy father's house: So shall the King greatly desire thy beauty, for he is thy Lord, and worship thou him.

He desires my beauty, how about those words ladies? In the same way Christ represented here to men how they are to be to their wives, so He tells us how to honor our husbands...worship may feel like a strong word, and true worship is really reserved for Christ alone, but the concept is here. To show admiration, respect and love. That is really at the root of worship and don't those things sound like things that we should be giving to our husbands.
Marriage is a representation of Christ and the church, Christ the groom and the church the bride, they just work better together when in harmony. We go to church to worship and Christ leads, directs, loves, cherishes our every thought and word and protects our every step.
I know my husband is not perfect, nor is he Christ, but he comes pretty close to the description I just described above. And wives, we need to strive to honor our husband and as the church honors it's Christ.
Am i painting to you the picture clearly to you here?
Marriage is not about being individuals, it's about beind ONE. The lesser hold up the greater at times and the greater the lesser other days. And the more oneness that is in a marriage, the more it brings glory and praise to God because He so delights in His marriage model being exemplified.
It is as this, you design a model for the perfect bridge. You give the people building it the exact measurements and diagrams to make the bridge perfect, long lasting and stable. However your wayward builders believe that you've got some stuff wrong. So, they make a few minor "adjustments." After viewing the finished product you can tell things are not quite right. But what are you to do, the bridge is completed and to tear it down would take much longer than it took to build, so you decide to wait and let the builders learn their lesson the hard way. Weeks later you see a story about how this bridge oddly crashes into the water for no apparent reason. Only the builders really know what went wrong. They come to their manager, they confess their wrong and next time, when the built the bridge over, they did it the right way, with the perfect design.
Don't let your marriage go up in such a way that you are designing the blue prints. YOU do not know best. God already created his perfect design and all we have to do is search his word and find the map.
So build, search, and learn. This marriage is about becoming one in Christ, and one with Christ, and in my mind, there is not a place i would rather be. God Bless your construction project, where-ever you are at the process, it's never to late to stop, tear down and start building it God's way. *you might want to pack a jackhammer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment