About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Learning to Rest


You know that song, "Jesus I am resting, resting, in the joy of what thou art? I'm finding the reason of thy loving heart..."
They go on to say many many more things but I really want to focus on those lyrics in particular.
If any of you know me AT ALL you will know that I am not a person who "rests" well. I'm starting to see a pattern in myself and yes, there is a problem in my pattern. It's go, go, go, no rest.
I don't think that's how the song goes, "Jesus I am going, going..." Nope. It's not.
It suddenly occurred to me, without much warning that my body, soul and self are tired. They are all begging for physical and spiritual rest. The spiritual rest is what has led me to the understanding that need physical rest. After I started feeding my soul good healthy meals at BSF, and coupled it with rest for my soul as I am began to spend more and more time in the word, it occurred to me, my life, my physical life is in constant motion. Never stopping. However, I do enjoy activity and being busy. But, I realize that my activity can slow and I can still be "busy."
When I run, I go far and all out, when I do anything, I go all out. Which, excellence is a good quality, but even with that, you need to have resting. Resting excellent is also a good thing.
There were many things in my mind that were spiraling out of control, anxiety and fear are the just starters and many other worldly qualities were creeping into my countenance. Not having patience, getting angry quickly and just all around restlessness where also some of things that I was beginning to see in me. Lovely qualities are they not? Well you may have them, because God is doing a house cleaning in my life, and He's starting to move those things out. Praise the Lord.
As He gets out his forklift, bulldozer and shovel, to remove the yuck I've allowed in by my unrest, I also am feeling the lightening of the load, and friends, it feels amazing...
I actually was beginning to have heart palpitations because of my anxiety. That is no way to live, and the Lord new that sooner or later my trend of a busy life was going to get the better of me, and it did.
Now, I'm paying attention more to what the Lord is telling me. When he tells me to watch out! Be on my guard against all kinds of evils that creep in... I now know what do look for.
The enemy can disguise himself in seemingly good things, that in the end, eat us alive.
I am so freed thinking that my daily actions are now a direct response to what God is calling me to do...you see I used to say, "I have to stay busy like this or I'll go crazy..." or in my running at the gym...."I only know one way to run, and that's till I either die, or throw up." I know, sounds like fun right? ha!
Well, I have some serious praises on my heart this week as these things have now finally come to a head, and I'm recognizing my busyness for what it is, running away from resting.
So today, as this peace fills my soul, hear my heart when I say, this rest feels good, it's so amazing, and it also being offered to you friend! You may have His rest any time you desire it, it's a matter of laying down some old, and receiving some new. That seems to be the patten every area of my life is taking right now, and it's really what my life has been missing for all my life! :)
Until you realize what you've been missing out on, you don't really notice whats wrong with your life, true with Christ as well as other things, but in this case, it's a good thing, because what I don't have is readily available to me if only I lay down my fierce unrest.
So will you rest with me? Read each and every line of this song, and you will hear what my heart is saying today. Won't you sit a while and rest with the Savior right now? Sing with me...

Jesus I am resting, resting,
In the Joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee,
And Thy beauty fills my soul,
For by Thy transforming power
Thou hast made me whole.
####Chorus:
Jesus, I am resting, resting
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.

O how great Thy loving kindness.
Vaster, broader than the sea!
O how marvellous Thy goodness,
Lavished all on me!
Yes, I rest in Thee,
Beloved,Know Thy certainty of promise,
And have made it mine.

####Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold Thee as Thou art,
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless,
Satisfies my heart;
Satisfies its deepest longings,
Meets supplies its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings;
Thine is love indeed!

####Ever lift Thy face upon me,
As I work and wait for Thee;
Resting 'neath Thy smile,
Lord Jesus,Earth's dark shadows flee.
Brightness of my Father's glory,
Sunshine of my Father's face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting;
Fill me with Thy grace.####

No comments:

Post a Comment