About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Friday, January 29, 2010

Out goes worry and fear...


We are people who fret are we not, and I know this because I am one of the worlds best "fretters."

It has been an ongoing process for me to give over fear and worry to the Lord, and allow His perfect peace to replace them...

I had this picture of peace as I watch my little Annie girl the other day, she was just running around, hands in the air, blond wisps of hair flowing, and a great big smile on her face...as she spun around in circles and laughed because she was just so happy with her moment...I looked towards heaven and asked the Lord for that childlike peace.

She did not have a care, it was 10 am on a Monday morning and she didn't care what the weather was doing, she didn't care what she thought she should get done for that day, she didn't care, because with her simple life a that moment, peace and joy were all she new.

Wouldn't it be grand if that were our countenance 90% of the time as apposed the the other way around? We as adults default to worry, and I'm trying to not only figure out why, but change it.

Or better put, let God change me.

This morning, as dug into the word asking Him for a glimpse of what I saw my sweet little Annie girl experience, He told me this, and I thought all of you might glean something from this scripture as well:

"Give all worries and cares to God for He care about what happens to you." 1 Peter 5:7


"Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything, tell God your needs and don't forget to thank Him when He answers..." Phil 4:6


"You will keep him in perfect peace, he whose mind is stayed on you. Because he trusts in you."

-Isaiah 26:3


Now, two things came out of this for me, one, simply that the Lord heard the cry of my heart last night and woke me up with these words this morning, so fresh and encouraging...

and two, that these are tangible things that I can do to place myself back in the hands of my Father where there is perfect peace and no fear.

The fear of the unknown is an unquenchable thirst, and to try and do away with it on your own will only leave you exhausted of money, time and energy. Many times when i fear things, i instantly run to the Dr. or I hit google like crazy, looking for some sense of hope in either of those two places. May I just say now, that I'm don't with google as of now!!! If only I spent as much time searching out His wonderful answers as opposed to the the world of people who put their worldly answers out on google. (sorry google, it's nothing personal.) :)

I just am floored by the way the Savior not only hears my cries in the night, but answers them, and then hold me till I calm. He, this God of the world, who created all, who controls the sea with his breath and the stars were placed by His gentle hands, also, bends downs each day and washes my feet. I really don't think that I can actually comprehend the intensity of that reality.

My shepherd, My Father, who is also yours friends, showers me daily in His great promises...and yet I still fear...How is this possible?

I'm not being hard on myself, I'm just so grateful. So may today be a day of peace and praise for all of your hearts my friends, peace because this is what He gives us when we hand Him our fears, and praise because those fears are no longer ours. They are His.

This simple prayer is one I pray in my heart today. Pray with me?




  • Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom,
    the power and the glory,
    for ever and ever.
    Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment