About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Next Best Thing


You know it when you see it, the next best thing. The super-turbo, betcha wish you had it, 1000 watt super speed, metallic, voice activated, run without having to push a button. Yep. We want it and we HAVE TO HAVE IT. NOW.
So, for Christmas your loved one wraps up the super charged, double whammy, can't beat it new thing, gifts it to you, and you are exstatic. I mean, through the roof. Until the next morning, while talking, playing, or watching your new double whammy, super charge next best thing..you see the commercial for the triple whammy. Uh-oh.
Now what, the double whammy doesn't look so good, and the "want" returns that was fulfilled only moments ago.
I have been there too my friends, you are not alone. If it's available, or even if it's not, we want it. Here in lies the problem. We are not able to be satisfied. Because there is always going to be something better and our desire is to have it..
And even if we get it, we can't really enjoy it because the triple whammy is now out there. Bummer dude.
What am i getting at here? Christ says, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst, the water I gave him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
John 4:13
Now, i recognize that water is more of a need than a want, but the concept is the same to me. When I am constantly thirsting for more, never able to be quenched, than something is missing. I am not drinking from the right water source and I will always run up dry when I drink from the worlds well.
For most of us, we fall into the category of wanting the next best thing. On occasion i actually feel like I have tapped into the Lord's well and I FEEL SO QUENCHED. It's like receiving a glass of water after a long hard run. I'm good, and taken care of, not wanting for more. But then the lies of the enemy creep back in and say to my heart, "i know that drink was good, but wouldn't a sport drink be better than just plain old water?" And so the thirst for more and better returns. For me, it's recognizing the voice of the enemy in my ears, and turning my head and saying, "No thanks. I'm satisfied." And meaning it.
So, I am working this, and now the Lord has brought this temptation of mine to my attention i absolutely have to wrap my head and heart around His solutions and His desires for me.
He may, at some point want to give me the triple whammy, but I am learning how to not just be content with my double whammy, but also be so incredibly thankful for it.
There are people who have no whammies at all. :)
So lets examine our hearts today, what we have now, is a gift, and if the well we drink from is leaving us thirsty, maybe we need to consider trying to tap into a difference source.
His cold, refreshing glass of, "more than you can ever imagine.." is waiting for you. So drink up friends. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment