About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Right Here, Right Now.


Do you wake up each morning with a song in your heart saying, "thank-you for today!!!" OK, so i don't either. but i want to. :)
And actually, i have been feeling more and more thankful each and every day, different experiences, different situations in my life have made me recognize the blessedness that we simply have in "today."
And by today i do mean, wherever you are at in your life, and walk. I was reading some promises of scripture yesterday and i found it in the most unusual place, but let me just share with you this great encouraging message, found in the story, of Lazarus. (yes, the one died and Jesus brought back to life)
The story is this, Lazarus's sisters Martha and Mary come to Jesus, when he still in a different town and say, "Lord, the one you love is sick.." John 11:3b
Jesus knows who they speak of, and decides to wait a few days before rushing there to heal him. Then He tells his disciples to come with him because Laz has fallen asleep and needs to be woken up, and so they go, (His disciples not really understanding what he meant by sleep) vs's. 7-15
So they get there and Martha comes rushing out to meet Jesus and basically tells Him that he's too late, but she believes in His power, and that He can do anything, and He then He gives Martha this promise.." Your brother will rise again.." and she says, "yeah, i know, at the resurrection.." (which means she believed that Jesus was who He said He was.." and had faith in His Ultimate promise. However Jesus meant, "No Martha, literally right now, i'm going to raise your brother.."
Here is where i found my promises...In the end, Christ proved this His timing is never too late. It's only perfectly fit to bring Him the most glory...
Had Jesus rushed to heal Laz before he died i do not think that it would have had the impact on those around him, and those whom the raise affected. Laz's sister's for one might have thought then that it came "so easy" for them, they asked and "HEY!" he was healed...
Which lead me to the thought that I can enjoy today, right now, right here, knowing that Jesus might not come running into town the second I tell him i think i have a problem...He might asks me to mourn a little, work a little and pray a little longer...why? Because when He answers, I see His power, his glory and that none of this would be without His healing touch.
I also heard four things yesterday from a different source, (ironic that it came on the same day as the first message is it not?!)
These four things were four points on staying thankful for today. Hmmm...Lord? Are you attempting to teach me something here i ask?
They are this:
*Give something away, creating space for new. Giving something away always makes a person feel good...
*Don't expect everything good to come into your life all at once.
*Change, "i need" to, "i want.." There are very few things we actually NEED
*Choose to be thankful for what you already have.

So the next time you think, "Lord, I came to you two whole days ago with this request and still feel, sense and hear nothing???" It's not that He has not heard you, but His ultimate plan comes about in such a way that will bring Him the most glory. May my attitude of waiting, be an attitude of worship, so that even more glory is brought to His name though the process. Learn from my mistakes...:)
Enjoy today for what it is, your gift. So be thankful and say, to God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment