About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Monday, January 11, 2010

Moving Forward


Everything that has value is worth intentional, daily commitment and obedience. I know that it’s not easy, but just take the first step, then the next and the next, and before you know it you’ll be much further down the road. Understand it can take time. All good things do. But that’s okay, because the journey is worth it.

— Sheila Walsh

God is teaching me something. ( I know, big surprise right) I will never quit saying that I AM A WORK IN PROGRESS, SLOW progress. :) But thankfully, My God is patient with me, and so He will be with you and every other child out there.
We are His children, are we not? And it's His job to teach us, grow us and eventually let us spread our wings and fly and young adults in the faith.
However, we do not get here over-night. (thank the LORD!)
These past few months of my life have been this ever swinging pendulum of, "what are your plans for me?" type questions, and slowly, slowly He has given me answers. He keeps pointing me in the directions of His timing, His plans, His places, His, well, everything. Not leaving much room for ME in there. :) Which as I wrote about yesterday, is a good thing.
I'm seeking to leave my idea's, and thoughts on how things should be, and move forward in His plans for me. Whatever those are. I'm not sure yet because He seems to be revealing them to me VERY slowly. haha. I suppose He knows that if he gave me the whole darn pizza as opposed to just one small slice, I might just bite off more than i can chew. (My eyes have always been bigger than my stomach)
SO here I am, at the beginning of this journey, and it feels a little intimidating at times. I feel like I'm always saying, "LORD! I have so much to learn! LORD! Tell me again! LORD! Show me again that I can trust you! LORD, say the words again that I love to hear..." So he does, and He tells me, "I know the plans I have for you, plans to make you prosper, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and future." Jer. 29:11
I sigh. I breath in again His peace, and say thank-you to my Father for once again, filling my lungs with air, and reminding me of His control. His steady hands, and His ultimate plan. And I relent, "Lord, your plans are better than my own. This, this thing, it's yours." And then my patient Father starts all over again with me. Holding me, reminding me, and pushing me to grow, spread my wings, and hopefully someday, fly forward.
(right now I just sort of flap my wings and loose feathers.)
Here is the nugget of gold I glean, In Him, the sun rises and sets. My sun, my moon come and go because of Him. And much as a young lover needing to be constantly reminded of Her new husbands faithfulness to her, I keep asking the Lord to renew me each morning, reminding me of His promises. I'm beginning to recognize the pattern of His faithfulness each morning, that when I awake and it's a new day with new fears and old ones, His faithfulness remains. That I don't always have to ask Him to show me, that in Faith I can believe that He IS THERE, regardless if he is still visible to me. He is there.
Wouldn't it be odd if each morning, I had to quick call my Husband and say.."AH! you weren't there when I woke up this morning!!! Are we still married?" My husband would laugh at me. (more than he already does)
So it is with my Father, He is pushing me to trust that He is there even if I can't see visible signs of wars being won, and walls being torn down, I know that He is out ahead of me. And I see His fingerprints all over my life, day, thoughts and heart.
So next you feel unsure, repeat His promises to you, He has plans for you friend, not to harm you and plans to give YOU a hope and a future. On this side of heaven, we need to have the faith that He is near, because on other side of our last breath, is a place where no longer fear, tremble or worry. All we can do His cling, learn and move forward in Faith, doing the work of our Father, until He call us home. Fly! Learn! Grow! Move! OH His great plans for you await.

No comments:

Post a Comment