About Me

Thanks for stopping by my blog- My name is Amber, and I have two things I am really passionate about, and they would be Jesus, and family. Jesus became real to me in March of 2008, and my life has not been the same since, hence the reason to blog. This blog is just another way that I can fame the Name that set me free and hopefully encourage others along the way. I pray the words of this blog, the words the Lord has written on my heart to share with all of you, encourage you, build you up and cause you to lift your eyes off of your less than desirable circumstances, and place them onto the totally capable Father in Heaven. Jesus is my everything, and I pray you feel His love here. Bless you friend. Spend as much time as the Lord allows you on my blog, and be blessed.

Hebrews 11:8

"By faith, when Abraham was called to go to a place he would later receive his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going."

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Finding The Balance


Life requires balance, you need balance for walking without falling over :) (still working on that one) balance for health, balance for doing all you one must do in ones day, and balance for God.
I try to give myself a well balanced diet of God, health and family.
Family gets alot of what I've got, simply because that's the faze of my life, but with balance comes a desire for excellence because excellence helps you to find satisfaction in all you do. I may be only able to give my Lord an hour in the morning, my treadmill forty-five minutes and my hair about five, :) but in those minutes I can ask the Lord to help me excel, and give that thing that I'm doing all I've got. When I talk with the Lord I like to take my Bible and coffee into my bed and read for as long as my children will allow, for ages I tried to do it when they were in the same room with me and just does not work.
SO now, courtesy of Curious George TV show, every morning at 7am, I'm able to get my quiet time in. And Christ fuels me up for my day, then I'm off to the gym, and whatever time I'm given in that day for my running, I hit hard man. I run like it's my last and it's so amazing how God blesses those miles. I feel re-energized and ready to take on my day much in same way I feel about my spiritual exercise. The two flow well together, and i turn up my Christian work out music, and pump it.
Next to balance out my day, I head home with my children, and we do whatever their creative little minds can come up with. You see, I must make sure I balance my life in Christ so that I have what I need to give when I need to give it. If my children want me to run and play with them I can, because I have gained that strength to play hard by my own personal physical training. If they want me to read the Bible to them or tell them about what I'm reading, I can, because I'm able to process what I've learned due to the peace and quiet in which I've learned it in. In order to feed, one must be fed. (in all areas) and then after the day is said and done, I must have time to balance with my sweet husband. He comes in the door each night after his long day and we both desire to complete the balance, by encouraging one another. This part of my day is crucial, because if I've given all I've got, and have nothing left to give my husband whom God gave to me, what good is this? Excellence my friends. Find that smile within you, paste in on your face, and when your husband (wife, mom, dad, sister, cousin or child) walks through that door, that smile will give birth to a much better evening.
I have to strive for excellence, because God calls me to.
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Colosions 3:23

Do I do this perfectly every day and all the time? No. I'm not yet in heaven. :)
But I do ask the Lord for excellence in all I do, and to help me strive for this each day, afternoon and night. God is my God and He can answer these prayers for you and I. He want us to succeed and excel because it brings glory to His name, and when we have served well, He will say, "well done, good and faithful servent, in whom I am well pleased."
can you imagine hearing those words on the lips of our Savior? The thought brings tears to my eyes, that He, My God, might think that I have served Him well. So friends, whatever you do, do it with all your might for this, makes the only one who really matters, proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment